Re: Puch Newport Engine transplant from Puch Magnu

Chris Robertson /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Don't get me started about radar detectors! I just got my radar detector siezed a few weeks ago. They're illegal here in Ontario, and the cop searched my car without my permission. I knew he had no way of knowing I had I radar detector (Bel 980) because it is undetectable to the technology they use (VG-2). Of course, maybe seeing my brake lights flash when he zaps me with a healthy dose of K-Band microwaves might have be a legal reason to search my car...

But I digress.

I thought that the 12V was for the brake light as well. However after a few seconds holding down the brake handle, the bulb burned out. It seemed AWFUL bright before it shuffled off this mortal coil of ours...

Ron, I think it was you that mentioned that some magnetos depend on everything being hooked up at the same time to put enough load on the power supply to reduce the voltage/amperage to a working level. If this is the case, I'm screwed! I'm never going to get everything hooked up properly. It looks like the wiring job is homemade to begin with (i.e. blue wire leaves the headlight, and arrives at the harness connector as a yellow wire due to splicing inside the frame). I've found many Puch schematics, but they only resemble the wiring job on this ped at best!

For what it's worth, I'll be taking one of your earlier suggestions, and try to get the magneto from the old engine plugged into the new one. At least I can then just hook it up to the rat's nest as it existed before.

Chris.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account