Can u lower a tomos lx

I wanna lower my 2003 tomos a35 lx 1 and 1/2 inches but i do not know how to does anyone know how?

Re: Can u lower a tomos lx

I don't think you want to do that.

lol

shorter shocks? all it does is make the ride sketchyer not much just a little and make your shocks bottom out quicker. and for the front theres a write up some where some one shortened their magnum front forks no idea if lx is similar but i would guess it would be. or if you have the super cool front forks that you can adjust you can loosen the bolts from your triple tree slide down and tighten. personal opinion shortening is good on a drag track and showroom. and a bitch over bad roads.

yea man just cut the springs, like on your honda civic !!that way you can bang the shit out of everything all the time !dooooo ittttttt!!!!!

Here's how I predict this discussion will go:

"can I lower my tomos?"

"No", "You shouldn't do that"

"bump"

"Well, if you REALLY wanted to, here's how" / "Here's why that won't work"

"can I lower my tomos?"

"Grease your exhaust bearings first. It's good for an extra 10mph"

"wtf tell me how to lower my tomos!"

"WTF can you read?"

"bump"

"You're a tool."

"your a bunch of ^^^^ 35-year olds riding ^^^^ mopeds and you all need to ^^^^ because you don't have lives outside of ^^^^ each other.

And so on and so forth.

lol^^^^^

This kid hasn't even said anything since his first post which, no matter how good or bad an idea, is a legitimate question. Don't assume every kid in New Jersey is like Dylan. So don't be an asshole, Linda.

can't we all just..get along

Linda is just speaking of his earlier post that went exactly like that.......

Seriously. That's this guys M.O.

Ok I was looking and I think I'm going to lower it 1 inch if I can. I wanna get 250mm shocks (which are a inch smaller than stock) and in the wiki I saw how to shorten shocks so I'll try it first on my 2008 lx frame and if it works I'll do it on mt daily driver.

u got short legs or wat ?

Get off you high horse and don't call a lady an Asshole, Asshole. Don't start off on the wrong foot by calling someone well liked names.

Yea yea blah blah blah shut up

personal opinion let him do it. so what if he messes up. sure we all don't believe he will even get to the point of messing up. but don't crucify the kid before he even gives up. wait till he does.

lets try to remember this..... you ask a stupid question ... what do you get?? A STUPID ANSWER!!!

How is it a dumb question I lik how a lowered moped looks so I wanna do it.

the reason why its a dumb question is the fact that you should have just tried it before asking .... it WILL work ....... the only thing is that, like stated above, you will be bottoming out .....

Gain a bunch of weight.

I'm only 5"4 and weight 110

I lowered a Magnum by cutting the frame under the tank, taking out about 1/2" of the tubing.

Next hooked a come along between the top of the goose neck and the area where the seat rests.

Then heated the area of the frame just under the gooseneck, concentrating on the outside/front of the tube since thats where most of the stretching occurs.

After it got hot, started tightening up on the come along until the space in the frame under the tank closed at which point I welded it tight.

Result was about 1 1/2" lower frame.

Of course it messes with the geometry but big deal...we're not doing 100 MPH so it's not noticeable.

Might I add it changes a lot of other things too...

rear brake cable length

exhaust bracket will need to be relocated

kickstand

chain

..and probably some other stuff I've forgotten

Dude! Anytime you have to say "I lik (sic) how a __________ moped looks so I wanna do it," you should add the line, "because in NJ, it's cool to do performance mods that don't actually improve performance. Hence the preponderance of front wheel drive cars with huge fiberglass windspoilers on the back, etc." That way nobody will get confused and think you deserve an answer.

Ok sorry I didn't know I can only do mods that add performance I can't do mods to try to make my moped look nice.

If you want your moped to look nice, it might be best to consider scraping off the gaudy tribal tattoo or flame decals before actually doing something that will affect the way it performs when you're not actually interested in the effect on performance. All I'm saying is that common sense didn't used to be a rumor.

why not turn it into a ridgid frame , then you can drop it as low as you want ,i busted my shocks a while back (in a pothole) & just drilled out some flat stock steel & used it till i got new shocks

not a smooth ride ... but it worked

Is this so your feet can actually touch the ground?

I can touch the ground fine now I just saw a lowered lx at mopedshop the other day and really liked the look so I wanna do it also

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account