Moped

"Just bought a used moped for my son and it worked fine for 2 days. Now when you give it some throttle it hardly moves when He's siting on it...put it up on the kickstand & it runs great. I would think it's the clutch....engine runs fine.Do these take xmission fluid...acts like a car out of fluid...can't find anyplace to put some in. We live in San Jose,Ca. & can't find any repair shops to fix it.....is the clutch assembly adjustable? Any assistance you can give us would be great.....Tks...Lou&Eric!!"

"Yes they take fluid, and yes they are adjustable.

: Just bought a used moped for my son and it worked fine for 2 days. Now when you give it some throttle it hardly moves when He's siting on it...put it up on the kickstand & it runs great. I would think it's the clutch....engine runs fine.Do these take xm

Re: Yes they take fluid......Where Exactly?

: : Just bought a used moped for my son and it worked fine for 2 days. Now when you give it some throttle it hardly moves when He's siting on it...put it up on the kickstand & it runs great. I would think it's the clutch....engine runs fine.Do these take

Re: Model

"It says ""Peugeot"" on the back of the seat & I think it's a single speed....anyway to tell what year it is & do you know where we might get a Maintenance manual for it.....Tks<p><br>"

Not 100% sure on Peugot...

: : : Just bought a used moped for my son and it worked fine for 2 days. Now when you give it some throttle it hardly moves when He's siting on it...put it up on the kickstand & it runs great. I would think it's the clutch....engine runs fine.Do these tak

": It says ""Peugeot"" on the back of the seat & I think it's a single speed....anyway to tell what year it is & do you know where we might get a Maintenance manual for it.....Tks<p>I have a Peugeot 103 SP. My model (and I would assume all Peugeots) has the"

": It says ""Peugeot"" on the back of the seat & I think it's a single speed....anyway to tell what year it is & do you know where we might get a Maintenance manual for it.....Tks<p>By the way, another thing is that I really doubt that it is the clutch because according to my manual, when you start it you're actually using the clutch, except in the opposite direction. So when you turn the pedals to start it and it does actually start you are proving that the clutch is functional. It must be something else. Did you consider the carburetor or possibly not enough compression? Just a thought.<br>"

": It says ""Peugeot"" on the back of the seat & I think it's a single speed....anyway to tell what year it is & do you know where we might get a Maintenance manual for it.....Tks<p><br>And...one more thing. What's the model of your moped? There should be a model number on each side of the gas tank. Mine says ""103SP."" This might help in determining what type of clutch you have."

": : It says ""Peugeot"" on the back of the seat & I think it's a single speed....anyway to tell what year it is & do you know where we might get a Maintenance manual for it.....Tks<p>: I have a Peugeot 103 SP. My model (and I would assume all Peugeots) has"

Steve....it has no power...drained the gas tank & filled it back up with new gas....same problem. If you would give me your Ph.# I'll call you & we could talk this out....tks Lou<br>

Sometimes when I start mine it gets bogged down but after awhile it is fine. This usually means carburetor problems (or gas problems). If I were you I would flush out the gas tank (unless you already did this). Be sure you are mixing with the right ratio. 50:1 this means one gallon of gas to 2.5 oz. oil. But this probably isn't the problem<p>Chances are the carburetor is clogged up. A lot of sediment can build up in the bowl and clog the fuel jet. Unfortunately I've been putting off cleaning mine. I know that is what causes mine to bog down on occasion. Do you know if this bike ran a lot right before you bought it? Or was it in storage. This might explain why it ran well for a few days and then crapped out.<p>E-mail me at drp2000@ma.ultranet.com if you want the manual.<br>

Re: Moped

Allen Sherry /

hi,my name is Allen.your moped sounds like carbuator problems.

the caburator stuck close maybe.If the problem continues please e-mail me at

cclayton@1st.netLou wrote:

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account