can anybody help me start my moped??

Hi! I just got a moped and was very happy to find this forum!

i have a 1976 pacer. i belive the engine is morini. It is a 2-stroke and has pedals. Unfortunatley I have no idea how to start it!! any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks!

Bryan

Re: can anybody help me start my moped??

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

On the left controls, one is the rear brake and the other is the starter lever. Pull it and pedal. Post a pic of it.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

thanks!! do you know what position the fuel swtich should be in? i know there is off, on and reserve but i'm not sure what position is which. thanks

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

I know Morini's, but not Pacers. You could always pull the fuel line off and try the settings. Pics, pics.

lord of chaos666 /

IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO START A MOPED YOU NEED TO BE TAKEN OUT BACK AND BEAT IN THE HEAD WITH A SHOVEL BECAUSE YOUR A FUCKING IDIOT.

says the guy who couldnt start his express.....i dont even know how much more dumbfounding the shit you say can be.

Bark Bark

leave chaos666 alone, its just his time of the month, his vag is bleeding and he's all bloated and cranky.

I'd help you out with the pacer but I dont know much about them, sorry.

Fish tits Krauthamer /

make sure gas is flowing. put the moped on its stand hold the left control that is not the rear break and pedal. toggle on and off the choke on the carb if you have trouble.

I dont have a petcock on my pacer. Should have 3 settings on a normal petcock, on off resreve. Take the fuel line off and see which ones are on/off. You will need to grab the left clutch/brake thing...the one thats smaller and lower. You need to compress that while pedaling the moped. You should hear it turn over. I'm not sure of its condition but if you cant get it to fire, try spraying some starting fluid in the carb. Return with results, hopefully it isnt a pile of junk that needs lots of work to run. Mine has a M1 kitted motor on it with a pipe and a 19 carb. Runs really nice and smooth.

thanks for the help. when i bought it i was shown that it works, so i am assuming its manual error. maybe its the cold weather? it was 15 degrees here yesterday. one other thing, what is the choke?? it is mentioned in the manual i found but there is no diagram to point out whereit is. thanks!

lord of chaos666 /

Im Not used to starting those little Japanese pieces of shit.

choke lever is on the carb, it pushes a plate infront of the intake in order to richen the fuel/air ratio during cold starts. Get out the starting fluid, it should fire right up.

The Pacer is actually an italian bike, not some shitty piece of japanese crap.

Chaos666 you are Retarded and this is proven when you allow shit to pour from your mouth without knowing what your saying! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!make sure your kill swith is in the right position spray a little carb cleaner in the carb peddle, get up to speed pull clutch and it should fire then ride away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a Tomos Dellorto, but it should be pretty much the same thing. The handle on part #50 is what sticks out the side of the carb and what you push down on. #46 is what's inside the carb that covers up the hole that the air is going through. If you take the black plastic air box off the back of the carb, you should be able to see how it works.

lord of chaos666 /

what i hate jap crap

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account