Look, a MOPOD?

gimmejimmie /

I took this picture in Daytona Beach last week, they rent them for the streets and beach. I think they're 50cc moped engine powered. WILD, huh

Re: Look, a MOPOD?

gimmejimmie /

I screwed up again sending the pic attachment.

here it is

gimmejimmie /

nope, try again

daytona.jpg

here's a rear shot

gimmejimmie /

!

Mopod.jpg

WOW

SteelToad /

I seriously want one of those, How fast did you see them going ??

Re: WOW

gimmejimmie /

The speed limit on the beach is 10mph, I didn't see any on the streets.

All makes of mopeds, scooters, ATVs, custom golfcarts, and VW dune buggys are all rentable, but this thing really stood out.

I wanted to inspect the thing from top to bottom, but the guys who had it didn't have time for that, they had some serious girl chasin' to do.

Re: airped?

I saw some strange contraption (it looked like a cross between a go-kart and a parasail) hovering over the fields of Wisconsin this weekend and I think it would be great fun to try to build an "airped". My dad explained how it works, and it would be fun if slightly life-threatening to try and build one with a moped instead of a o-kart thing. They use powersaw engines, which can't be that much bigger than a moped engine, right?

This is probably just another crazy scheme, isn't it?

SteelToad /

I don't see why a parasail like prop couldn't be mounted on the back of a ped.

The main problem would be taking off and landing at a direction other than that

of the wind. If your 10 degrees off from the way you are being blown you might

have a tendency to "hop" a little. Oh, yeah, what about falling off the ped if you

caught a cross breeze :-}

jimmiegimme /

hmmm...........Para-peds, sounds like a new business venture.

It might work, carrie. Just yank that back tire off and slap on a propeller.

Are you willing to be the test pilot?

Think they are called

go to funtechscooters

SteelToad /

Link please ???

gimmejimmie /

I found the link, Ray

www.funtechscootcar.com

The thing is approved by DOT as a MOPED!!!, ain't that some shit!

I think the outriggers (training wheels) can be removed for street use, pretty cool buggy, huh?

SteelToad /

Cool, I think the Mrs Toad has a wild new ride coming :)

Vanilladog /

I have requested info on that "bike" from the company in CA. It goes for about 5k, and comes in 49cc gas or electric model. Most states do not know what to classify them as, but NY state sees it as a moped, so I would reg it there, and ride in my state of NJ with NY tags! :) You can see one of these vehicles at the end of the Jackie Chan movie "Who am I?"

'Nilla DOg

gimmejimmie /

Hi 'nilla dog,

I don't know if you saw it, but here's a site on them:

www.funtechscootcar.com and a Euro site, www.funtech.nl

they are neat to see up close, the one I saw was runnin up and down the beach and I jumped in front of him (hoping they stop well in sand) so I could have a look and take a pic. I didn't know they cost so much though, but it sure does turn heads. I think it's made in Australia, I'm not sure.

I didn't see that Jackie Chan movie yet.

gimmejimmie

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account