hey N.C. peeps!

looks like im moving to the morehead area.

wiki shows little of your laws, can you tell me more than the wiki?

Re: hey N.C. peeps!

A moped is 50cc, has no external shifter and cannot go faster than 30mph on level ground. Mopeds are not considered motor vehicles, but traffic and dui laws still apply. The operator must be 16 years old and wear a helmet. Because it is not a motor vehicle a drivers license, registration or insurance are not required. I'm not sure if this will change for 2010. There were some bills proposed to change the law, but I'm unaware if any passed.

Kim Jong illest /

AWESOME!

I'm pretty sure the laws are the same as SC. Moped can't be manulaly shifted, can't be capable of more than 30mph on flat ground, must be less than 2 brake hoarse power, and no more than 50cc's...

A moped is considered a motor vehicle as of the beginning of 09 some time. That's why you can be charged with a DUI. Before it was drunk in public. You have to get a Moped licence. (I have one.) If you have a drivers licence they will let you slide, but who knows when they'll get a wild hair up their ass and want to charge you...

the south has a bit difrent out look on peds. Its not hipsters they're used to seeing on peds. They're used to seeing drunks that lost their licenses on peds...

that should just about cover it...

Kim Jong illest /

the place were moving to looks like moped heaven.

google map emerald isle NC and just LOOK at those endless beach rides

yeah the southeast is very moped friendly.

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

Josh you lucky dog!

My shop is real close to Topsail Island, about an hour south. Look me up when you get here. Also the White Line Riders have really grown a pretty good moped following in Wilmington. We pretty much have no trouble with the law there and we get together once a week to ride and drink.

Brett

Kim Jong illest /

i will definitely come ride with you guys. i heard someone died on a ped there recently, but maybe they meant scooter?

either way, nothing makes me happier than unofficials. i will most assuredly look you guys up.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account