magnum project...

just looking for feedback and suggestions...

i know the headset is wrong... i just slapped it on to check fitment...

critics stand up...

thanks...

Re: magnum project...

tank is HUGE... not really sure if thats bad or not.... i like the sport seat but i feel like they dont match up very well... maybe you could make the seat taller so that the bottom lines of the seat and take line up better....

thanks my input

whats the tank from?

what? that looks great. the seat looks great on there (im putting a 1.5 seat on mine too...) that tank looks awesome and makes it look more like a 50s/60s bike than a 70s sport bike like the magnum was originally designed after. having the tank be a little higher than the seat looks really good, and i think they line up at the bottom pretty much as well as they really need to anyway. the thing i hate about stock magnums is how the back of the seat is higher than the front of the tank. looks wrong. this looks right.

so far i have no complaints or criticisms, i really wanna see this thing finished. looks great. so far and well thought-out.

8==================D /

I personally think the tank is a little to large for the frame.

it staredt out like this... the tank is from a suzuki... but when i got it...it had a ducati emble on it... i know the tank is huge...but i wanted a more old school cafe bike feel... beside... i stole all of the stuff off this magnum to build a top tank hobbit... i will post pics of that later...

i have four options for wheels 16" five stars... but i only have 16 -2.25 whitewall tires... i also have a set of flakes... converted moby mags and of course spokes...

its a lil magnum (maxi forks/300mm shocks) so maybe rock the 16"... but the whitewalls are kinda played out... anyone got any 16" tires they want let go... maybe a trade or cash...

hit me back... and thanks spencer and a-ko...

I agree with all negative constructive criticism so far, but to make my response different I am going to photoshop some design solutions for ya because I'm bored and it'd be fun. I'll post again soon.

go with the moby mags! i think those are my favorite wheel set, id love to pick up a pair... are you going to use that asil pipe tooo? i just put one of them on my rigid free spirit and i love it!

the tanks looks sick... what colors are you going with?

a couple of bike that kinda inspired me... thanks for the constructive criticism...

originally i wanted a tank like this... but was unable to locate one... been looking all over for a rd60 tank... to no avail...

thanks... looking forward to the photoshopness...

not sure which colors... and thats the pipe... got one of those airsal 74cc...stuffy crank... blah blah blah...

On the plus side you'll have plenty of fuel capacity, which is very good if it has a thirsty kit.

i have an rd60 tank in my garage somewhere...

if you find it... maybe we could trade or straight up cash... let me know...

thanks

Jimbo Grand Daddy /

I'm interested to see how it turns out. Magnums normally bore me, though. It's not my style of bike, so don't take that personally, ok?

What Pipe is that in the pic w/ your vinyl ?

alsil quich...got from 77...good deal 77 bucks... gonna use a broken techno boss flange... and yup i got records... thousands...use to owner a record store...

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account