Italjet Pack-A-Away ANYBODY GOT ONE

Has anybody got one with any parts for sale or could i just see some pictures of yours. These are so rare i think i am going to go crazy trying to find someone who owns one.

Re: Italjet Pack-A-Away ANYBODY GOT ONE

Oh good you posted this on EVERY FORUM. Next time, try just the one thats applicable. If you search there have been other posts about these bikes, but no I doubt you will find a manual or parts so just figure it out and make some other parts work.

dude chill,

obviously the dude is desperate. if he has posted on every forum im sure that he has done more than enough research.

That's what mine looks like, except mine is black I can take some pictures if you really want, but why do you need the pictures?

I already sent him a picture about 2 months ago when he asked the same questions then. He still needs the same parts and really hasnt shown to make much progress in finding them. I dont plan on parting mine but in all honesty you should keep looking if you really want to restore it. Its not going to be cheap and if it is, its not going to be nice by any means. I'd rather make the pieces I need and if I find a better NOS part, well then hopefully I'll have the cash around when it pops up. Cross your fingers and hope it shows up, meanwhile get to fixing it.

hi mate, see your add for some spares. i've got a complete pack a way for sale. it's got 1500 miles on the clock, i have the registration but no v5 it's a 78 modal, been in my shed for years. i used to use it with my camper van many moons ago. the carb needs looking at and there is a light switch that also needs attention, nothing much , just needs a good clean up and some TLC. i live in devon and looking for

1273140791_moto_003.jpg

do you have a picture of the other side of the bike? I'm guessing the carb needs looked at means it doesnt run. I only paid 100 dollars for mine and it looks to be in similar condition.

all runs ok, just dies when carb runs out of fuel (2 miles or so). it's the float, probably needs a new one or if its an old brass one could be soldiered. the engine and running gear is good, as i say just been in a shed for a number years with no use but to collect dust. i'm not going to let it go for any less, i'll just make a project of it when i have some time in between jobs.

1273167088_moto_001.jpg

sounds like you need a new float bowl needle. Those are cheap and easy to replace. You should clean it up and make it look like it hadnt sat in a barn for lots of years.

i think your right. i've got some spare time on my hands and i do like a little project like this. i don't know if you noticed in the back ground of the first photo i've uploaded of the pack away, the monkey bike. i pulled that from a scrape yard in japan and gave it a new lease of life. there's a proper photo of it on this sites photo gallery. however the photo in the gallery was taken when i first restored it 8 years ago. that also has sat in the shed for many years but in much better condition than the italjet.

could'nt find the monkey myself on there, so here's the pic

1273169893_monkey2.jpg

I noticed it, looks like you can clean them up if you want to..I persoanlly dont like the hondas or mini bikes in general, but these fold up style bikes got me interested cause I can put one in my mustang and ride it wherever I decide.

these are way cooler

the packaways are easier than that to put away and take out. I'm also unsure of how those motocomps work...wonder if they are variated.

that's exactly why i got on them myself, though i don't have a Mustang (which would be very nice) i used to have =a luton style camper, and once you've pitched up on site, its a drag having to put it all away just to get to the shops. these little bikes where ideal as they just fitted to the back of the camper and in France you don't need no road tax or reg (the packaway did have this at one stage). funny, when i took it for its mot i put my full leathers on and full face blacked visor helmet. at the time i lived in London, was a right giggle watching people stop and point at this ridiculous looking bike.

sometime in the very near future I'll get the rest of my parts and be able to build a kitted one . I'm loosing some of the plastic but its gonna be fun. especially with a 15mm carb/intake/kit/pipe...pretty quick too, I hope

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account