honda express carb settings

eric henning /

Just picked up a nice Honda Express NC50. Will idle nice but dies when given throttle. Will not idle if choke is off. Does anybody know the default settings for the two carb screws?<br>Also the float bowl overflow tube constantly spills gas so I think the float is dead or the valve is stuck.

Clean that sucker first.

": Just picked up a nice Honda Express NC50. Will idle nice but dies when given throttle. Will not idle if choke is off. Does anybody know the default settings for the two carb screws?<br>: Also the float bowl overflow tube constantly spills gas so I think the float is dead or the valve is stuck.<p>The first step is to make sure that there is absolutely no dirt/sludge/varnish/crap inside that carb. The importance of this cannot be overstressed. Make sure that every part is absolutely squeaky clean. With respect to the overflow, the likely cause is a dirty needle valve, so check this carefully. It's my guess that if you get everything good and clean, it will run fine. A good ""baseline"" setting for carb screws is about 2-1/2 turns ""out"".<br>"

Re: honda express carb settings

ERIC HENNING /

"Got it running good thanks to some replies.<br>Took carb apart and cleaned thoroughly, set idle mix and speed to about 2 turns out from fully closed, fully closed float level screw (i think this is really a drain screw). Runs great. Now anybody know what type of oil used in gearbox?"

12 years!

Jeremiah Stevens /

I HAD TO RESSURECT THIS THREAD!!! its not been touched in 12 years!!!!!!

Re: 12 years!

oly it!!

This place has been around this long? damn.

Something something clean the Carb ;)

.79 qt of 10w40

Re: Clean that sucker first.

Jeremiah Stevens /

Still cannot believe the age of this thread... found it on google when looking for settings for my express! hahaha. I wonder if Eric Henning or Steve M are still on the site...

15 year old thread....there's probably kids on this site that are 15.

anyway, use honda Gn4 10w40.

there's a guy who's like 50 and he's got a few express that have around 30,000 combined miles that he put on them. He says the honda oils make a difference.

on another express blog i saw a thread of a bunch of people changing oil on the express and having a loss of speed. this was after everyone said the should use any old cheap oil and it's all the same....

I started a honda express yahoo group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/HondaExpress/info

it's not to replace moped army. it's just a supplement. you know how some tight asses get about the whole moped/noped thing anyway right? come join and upload some pics of you naked...i mean, your express. and tell us about some funny express story...or a sad one:(

here's the link for the group..duh

honda express group

check out this express from a thai scooter forum: how the f do they start it without a kick? and check out the horn!!!

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account