Re: sparking problem

Jon Dalton /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

The compression is good, surprisingly good for the age of the engine. New rings made a difference, I just replaced them because I broke one of them and didn't want to shell out for a piston. I can tell the compression is good because of the effort it takes to pedal. It is the same hot or cold. The problems on this moped so far have never been gas, only spark. It's pretty obvious that the ignition is erratic when I test with a brand new plug and it gives a weak spark, perfect spark or no spark at all and I never know why. I'm just going to try to replace ignition parts one by one until I fix it. A loose flywheel might have to do with it. I did tighten that nut pretty hard though, just the pin inside isn't perfectly stiff anymore.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  sparking problemTopic by: Jon Dalton Jon Dalton 04/15/01 04:03PM
  Re: sparking problemRe: Chris Robertson Chris Robertson 04/15/01 06:20PM
  Re: sparking problemRe: Jon Dalton Jon Dalton 04/15/01 07:14PM
  Re: sparking problemRe: Miguel Miguel 04/15/01 08:16PM
  Re: sparking problemRe: Jon Dalton Jon Dalton 04/15/01 11:37PM
  Re: sparking problemRe: Chris Robertson Chris Robertson 04/16/01 12:21AM
  Re: sparking problemRe: Jon Dalton Jon Dalton 04/16/01 04:40AM
  Re: sparking problemRe: Ron Brown Ron Brown 04/16/01 11:35AM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account