Re: sparking problem

Jon Dalton /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I put a brand new spark plug in and it behaved exactly the same as the old one, even before it was in the engine at all, i.e. every time I checked the spark I checked with the spark plug in there (new) and another one that had never been in the engine. I have several new spark plugs. My friend just told me it could be the coil, which shorts out when it gets really old, and the resistance in it changes with heat as the insulation breaks down. That's what he said anyways, and it would explain how it takes forever to get the engine running (tbe coil eventually cools down enough to work) and it only runs for 1/2 mile and then gets messed up again (coil gets hot and shorts out) I hope that's it, then I can find a coil and make it fit, I know internet sites that have a universal coil

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  sparking problemTopic by: Jon Dalton Jon Dalton 04/15/01 04:03PM
  Re: sparking problemRe: Chris Robertson Chris Robertson 04/15/01 06:20PM
  Re: sparking problemRe: Jon Dalton Jon Dalton 04/15/01 07:14PM
  Re: sparking problemRe: Miguel Miguel 04/15/01 08:16PM
  Re: sparking problemRe: Jon Dalton Jon Dalton 04/15/01 11:37PM
  Re: sparking problemRe: Chris Robertson Chris Robertson 04/16/01 12:21AM
  Re: sparking problemRe: Jon Dalton Jon Dalton 04/16/01 04:40AM
  Re: sparking problemRe: Ron Brown Ron Brown 04/16/01 11:35AM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account