Re: bogging out.......

Chris Robertson /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I had a PA50-II with the same problem. Clean the air filter with carb cleaner and then dip it in motor oil (10W30 is fine). Wring it out and put it back.

Clean the bejesus out of the carburetor. It's the main jet that's giving you problems. You have to get it out and clean it with a wire.

When you look into the carb from where the bowl goes, you have one jet, that can be easily unscrewed. The jet that's probably giving you problems is the one behind that one. Get it out and clean it until it looks brand new.

If you need help getting the carb off (it's a procedure and a half on a PA-50) let me know and I'll write a quick walk-through.

You might as well put a new fuel filter on the moped while you're at it. Since you practically have to take the engine off to get the carb out, you don't want to risk a piece of crud soiling your carb five seconds after you put it back on. Buy any cheap, small, inline fuel filter at an auto parts store.

Have you modified your variator on your PA-50? I know an easy trick that you can do that'll give you an extra 5MPH.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  bogging out.......Topic by: joe daddy! joe daddy! 04/12/01 01:50PM
  Re: bogging out.......Re: joe daddy! joe daddy! 04/12/01 01:51PM
  dirty carb.. clean the carb.. dirty carb.. clean tRe: Fred Fred 04/12/01 01:58PM
  Re: dirty carb.. clean the carb.. dirty carb.. cleRe: Joe daddy! Joe daddy! 04/12/01 02:06PM
  Re: bogging out.......Re: Chris Robertson Chris Robertson 04/12/01 09:05PM
  Re: bogging out.......Re: joe daddy! joe daddy! 04/13/01 09:25AM
  Re: bogging out.......Re: Chris Robertson Chris Robertson 04/13/01 03:07PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account