Columbia - Worth buying?

Is this worth picking up? I've never heard of the brand and that's a bit of a concern. I attached a pic of the bike

Re: ( WWW.Sneakers2World.COM ) Uggs Bootie

who is this guy? lame-O

Re:

bump

Re:

Yup. For that $ tag-snatch it up before I do!! Actually I think it's alredy been sold. :( Sent ya an email jonathan. Holler back when u can.

Re:

Yes. If it runs, buy it. It'll be slow for life, but it's a solid bike and it won't cause you any problems. I have one and it's never let me down. Only goes 35 (on a good good day) but it's fine.

Re:

yours does 35? Does it have the 505-1D?

Re:

what exactly is "solid" on a colombia commuter?

Re:

Columbias have terrible brakes and leaky bing carbs

Re:

and flimsy frames, and if you kit it the clutch doesn't work. Yea!

Re:

no groms no blasters /

no

Re:

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

Columbia is a cheap moped with a really good German engine on it. Sometimes you get really lucky and find one with Solo water cooled variated engine, but most have Sachs 504s.

Brakes are notorious, clattering and clanking is standard, and the chrome on the fenders is so thin they rust by looking at them. But they still have a Sachs 504

Re:

the connection between the cylinder and the head.

Re:

lol

Re:

I have the 5051A. It's totally solid. I've never had a problem and I've ridden it hard for over a year. I put the Gianelli pipe on it and a 14:12 del and it goes 30-35. 35 when it's cold out. The frame on mine is great, the bike was mint when I got it and despite a few rally scars it's still in great shape. As far as the breaks go, I have no idea what you're talking about, those are also great on mine. Leaky carb, I will agree on that one, that's why I put the SHA on it. The carb was over flowing in to the engine, plus no one around has square bing jets. I think I have a bad seal, but besides that, solid. Swear.

Re:

And all of that being said, if you can find an E50 you'd probably be a lot happier than buying that Commuter.

Re:

That's great speed for a 505-1A, Good Tuning! I never had any complaints about mine (brakes included), It's just overall unremarkable imho. I would love to find one of the tube frames, they look so light.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account