slime...anyone use it

just wondering, does anyone use slime in there ped tires?

Re: slime...anyone use it

I didn't because I thought It would go out of balance at 40 and above.

I want to tho'.

I have a bottle and I'm waiting for any good results.

slime rules hands down. itll work on a moped just fine.

I use it in my 57 mph magnum, smooth as glass at that speed. In fact I have it in all of my bikes.

Awesome, gonna put it in the peds used for long hauls around the sea-coast.

I just realized the one I have is for tubeless, for my Full Size 70's Jeeps.

Which one is for tubes, does it say it?

I thought I saw one.

slime...anyone use it

Jerry Franek /

Highly recommended by me. Some complain that it makes for a messy changeover one day when re-tiring but it's not that bad.

hate the stuff. it does make your shit off-balance, wheather you notice it of not; whether anyone says differently.

kenda tuff tubes.

The big ass valve stem on a kenda tube probably throws the wheel more off balance than a little slime being spread evenly by centrifugal force.

"science classes are stupid, I can't wait for shop." - _people who think slime throws wheels off balance_

Better Fส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ster /

I've used a few slime tubes and they just make a sticky mess. I've blown out all three tubes just as easily as without the slime. Save yourself some hassle and skip the slime.

I use to love it, before I learned how to patch shit.. But I had a bad experience after sliming a tire that wasn't holding air:

Somehow it managed to seal to the bead, and while taking a fairly aggressive turn, I popped the seal and went instantly flat. Ate shit hard.. flat tire, small patchable hole, nothing exploded, so the slime's the only explanation I can give for it

I had slime clog up my valve on my bike when I was a kid. the guy at the bike shop said to fill the tire with the valve at the top (twelve o'clock) but I never used it again.

What about a quick fix on the way to work? I've got the motorcycle sized bottle, but haven't had to use it yet.

thanks for all the input

i'll prob. try it on one of my bikes just to check it out

i got a flat the other day out in the boonies, the hole in the tube was so small that it seems like having slime in it woulda been a good idea.

course all ideas seem good after the fact

Slime is like using zip lock bags instead of condoms.... end of story.

it never throwst evenly. if you put a bicycle in a repair stand that has slime in the rear tire, then pedal it really fast. the stand will shake violently.

what is _throwst_ ?

my tire had a nail in it, i pulled it out, slimed, and it held for a year.

the plastic cap valve tool did break off in my valve, though, watch out for that.

the problem with slime is it only works for a small hole anything big it will just leak out and its impossible to patch a tube that has slime all over it

I Never had a problem with slime making any tire out of balance . I have slime in all my tires . Never stranded with a flat . Never . Slime is good stuff .

Slime? When I had my 'ped, I used it AND the old tires. Here's what I did:

1. Fill the new inner tubes with the recommened amount of slime.

2. Take old tubes, cut off the stem, cut in half.

3. Straighten cut tube and cut so that the tube can be laid out flat.

4. Place old, cut tube inside tire and lay new, slimed, tube inside the old tube.

5. Install tire as normal, keeping the old tube between the new tube and the actual tire.

NEVER got a flat.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account