Re: I bought your stolen Maxi in SF

sweet, glad to hear it worked out. thanks for being cool and proactive - who knows where it would've ended up.

temptation like that has to suck, you did what was right - i wouldn't have known any other option. what the fuck is the secretary of state? fuck, public school is useless.

to the owner...

if you originally made a stolen vehicle report, make sure to IMMEDIATELY call sfpd and let them know that you recovered your own vehicle. if it was entered into SVS (stolen vehicle system) it will remain there until it is officially recovered.

a felony stop (gunpoint, prone out onto the ground, handcuffs) will ensue if they catch someone riding a stolen moped. i've seen it happen numerous times to people that recover their own vehicles.

Great Grand wonderful!

NO YELLING ON THE BUS

great job jack!

I'm proud of you!

Good Shit. You rule, Jack.

A moral story: A shady acquaintance dropped by 'cause he'd gotten a bike and wanted me to fix it. He showed me the shittiest of beater kids mountain bikes on which everything was broken. It was sprayed, badly, with black paint.

I just stared for a minute at this broken wreck that was obviously stolen, and then he said "I just got a job, and need it to get to work."

I fixed it for him. I had to take the (steel) crank off, heat it with a torch, and beat it back into shape - it had been hit by a car, or something. Everything on it was trashed except the fifty pound frame and steel wheels.

I haven't yet worked out the morals on that one. Stolen, incredibly cheap and bad dept store _kids_ bike. Shady dude who just got a job, and might go straight because of it.

Maybe that one will all work out for the best, but it still bugs me.

no groms no blasters /

hey sofalinuxretard,

if I recall correctly, you had no qualms about sticking up for convicted felon and moped thief Chris Huebner of mopedwarehouse.com and mopedshop.com. Justify your position or get the fuck out of here.

Also, are you the paranoiac in Sacramento to whom I wrote last year about a CB400 Hawk? "ALL GMAILZ R 4 SPAMMERZ AN SCAMMERZ!" What a fucking idiot. Where do you even come up with this shit? In fact, just knowing what you think about gmail leads me to believe that you will never be able communicate effectively about anything.

Vulgarities don"t count for facts. But vulgarities are all you have. I think YOU should go.

First off Mad props to Jack for what he did, I wish there where more honest people like him willing to take things into his own hands to help out another person in his community. We all know how useless the legal system can be with things like this. As for you SofaSuferer, nobody wants your negative opinions around here so please stop posting if its just going to be more B.S. (just for you I even refrained from profanity's).

no groms no blasters /

how's this for a fact: you defend felons convicted of robbing moped shops. stop posting and never start again.

weird, a kitted maxi with a saddlebag just showed up on CL for $500

was that how you found the dude or is he selling it now below market?

Wen i got the bike back to him we were talking about what he was going to do now. he had it locked with a Krypto chain, which from what Ive heard is the best lock you can buy. When I gave the bike back to the dude he locked it up in front of his house again. He cant lock it up anywhere else. I felt uneasy about that, imagining how long it would be before it was stolen again.

He mentioned wanting to sell it before. I guess hes going to try again.

Spartafoxiloverlover /

not toget OT but gmail is the shiznit for web based mail.

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

sofasurferlinux is just some old dude stuck in his idiotic ways. he reminds me a lot of what i imagine peace jerry would be like on ether.

maybe none of you hicks know about what cops do in cities, but they don't show up cause you see a thug on a moped you are pretty sure is stolen. they just dont. then that moped disappears again.

BUYING them and bringing them home is the best option. you people who have a problem with JIM(jack?) doing this should get the fuck off moped army. enjoy your life without a community you pieces of shit.

alternative: Make an anonymous police report

fallout Survivor /

Buying a stolen bike under that scenario makes you liable for recieving stolen property even if your intentions were honorable. You can anonomously report the situation to the cops, or mind your own business.

fallout Survivor /

Sounds like things got resolved.

Re: alternative: Make an anonymous police report

or you can shut the fuck up because how many fucking times do we have to go over this. the cops don't give a fuck in sf about a 'maybe stolen moped.' shit. y'all need to calm down. he was willing to take the risk of being blamed for stealing the bike to get the damn thing back to its owner. give it a rest.

moped liberation front!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! steal from the unworthy and give to the righteous!!!!

God, I just don't understand?!!?!

What the hell?

I'm so frustrated over this I even brought it up to my girlfriend, who agreed with me.

and I laugh everytime and read someone referencing the fact that

San Francisco is NOT Mayberry

Andy isn't going to come help you out.

Remember when my car got stolen from the Richmond?

THREE HOURS until the cops showed up.

You know what he did when he finally came?

Didn't give a shit. He took my name and number and the plate number and took off.

The cops never even contacted me again. Street sweepers found it and auto-return took it. The police didn't care or help at all.

So what happens to a non registered moped or someones really nice bicycle?

CALL ANDY at MB PD! I'm sure he'll lock up the town drunk for a moment and start knocking on doors for some answers!

He'll protect you after the thug gets released from jail and comes to your house with a bat. HE might be a few hours late, after your head is bashed in and your TV is gone, but he'll show and FUCK YOUR SISTER!!!!

GAHHHHH HULK SMASH!!!!

EAT A DICK!

a little late but jack (jim) is a really good dude, you did the right thing buddy.

the authorities in san francisco don't give a shit about anything unless someone is dying in a car accident or getting murdered. a good of friend of mines car had gotten stolen and took the cops about yeah, 2 hours to arrive and did the exact same shit they did to kirk, name, number, license plate number, bullshit. so if cops took 2 hours to come to your door when you reported a stolen car, what makes you think they'd give a shit about a moped?

farm boys need to stop giving their insight on big city threads. die in a fire.

I take offense to that as a farm boy myself.. Broad generalizations are bad.

very strange & contorted class warfare going on in this thread.

a stolen vehicle is only a property crime.

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito /

you will have to pay the cops more than 150$ to get it back from them- they dont just "return" it.

also yes double make sure if you reported it stolen to report that you have recovered it and need to get it/the registration off the stolen vehicle list.

I met Jack in LA and he and his pinto are rad as fuck! I wish this would've happened for me when someone stole the ped in my profile. I'd gladly pay $500 to get that thing back. FUCK.

Spent time reading this whole thread and kudos to Jack. I also don't understand why everyone is out to undermine and shit in others cheerios.

Timmy Southpark /

Im sorry for anyones luck, but the person that own's the bike doesnt have to pay a penny to get his bike back... not one cent. It was legally his and it was wrongfully stolen.

You should have notified the police if you know the bike was stolen. All you have done is purchase stolen property which now puts you in the wrong. You can be and should be arrested if the orginal owner doesnt receive his bike back.

This angers me... noone should ever have to pay for their own bike back... no one. The guy that stole it needs to be arrested and the guy hiding it from the owner needs to be arrested if its not returned.

sometimes the system doesn't protect the victim.

Good to see some common sense, Jimmy. Just because these people living in one of the most rat infested cities in America (S.F.) they use the excuse that "you don't understand what its like, boo hoo". Sorry guys, but its a dog-eat-dog world all over. Learn to deal with it.

he should have skerped the bike and bought an ak-47 that's how we do it where i come from. (the streets)

why all the hate? the rightful owner got his bike back, it only cost him a $150 bucks(which would have been exponentially higher if the cops had recovered it and he had to pay for the impound fees)and jack doesn't have a gang of ghetto dudes plotting to take him out for going to the cops(which may or may not have gotten the bike back in the end). that part of the city can be a little rough at times so crying to the cops and pissing people off over smaller things isn't always the smartest thing to do.

this is basically the deal; the bike was a friend's old two speed maxi that she had for years and she sold it to a guy not that long ago when she moved. anyways, ghetto dude sees the peds at jack

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account