1977 Peugeot 103

I'm looking at buying one of these from a guy this afternoon but I have a few questions for people that already own them or are knowledgeable about the mopeds.

What is a usual asking price these days for a running moped?

At what speed do peugeots usually top out at?

Are they fairly easy to maintian?

Thanks

Re: 1977 Peugeot 103

Matt Scout The Scouting Dcon /

On average a running moped in good condition with few visual blemishes or obvious problems should fetch in the neighborhood of $400-600 depending on what model you are getting. If he wants more, make an offer. If he wants less, go for it. Peugeots are nice bikes, wish I had one. French, pretty easy to get parts, very nice design. Top speed depends, expect something around 30 mph stock. Ease of maintenance is relative...if you do your own work on your car and fix things _right_ (ie, correct parts instead of "whatever works") then the Peugeot should not be difficult at all. Hope this helps.

I paid $50 for mine, in almost running condition.

They are real easy to work on, most of the parts are exposed and easy to get to.

It should do 30 easily enough, and 35 with some tuning of the stock parts

You're in Athens so you might pay a little more than the average southern ped. If it's running and free of rust say...$350 - $400. Deduct cashola for every imperfection you find. If it isn't running or the clutch is troublesome I wouldn't pay anything above $200-150

I agreee with bukwheat on the price.

Peugeots fucking rip when setup right. I love mine. Lots of parts available! you can make them scary fast.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account