M56 lone...WHA????

K, I would normally be the first to disparage the problem fraught M56 on my batavus regency but you know what? When its running right and not have carb issues its pretty sweet! Its slow to take off but once on the move it rocks! I get a steady 35mph out of it and to be honest, the deep throaty sound of it running beats most if not all other peds I have heard running. I even managed some donuts on a gravely parking lot.

If it wasn't for the difficulty level of working on this beast I think I would more then like it! I do think it is a nightmare to work on but how it runs almost makes the effort worth while...almost.

So, that being said, one cheer for the M56, it would almost be worth it if it only wasn't such a B 1 7 ( H to work on!!!

Re: M56 love...WHA????

Sorry, title should be "M56 love" not "lone"

Oh yes. Do you have the top tank regency? I've got the black top tank one. It's my first, and I just love how it looks. When I was having a mechanic help me out we took the muffler off and it sounded even better. I left it off and when it does run, I love tearing through the neighborhood. Whenever I get it running and do a WOT on the stand, all the kids in my apartment building run out to watch, it's pretty funny.

I'm buying a Sprint today, because I want something more reliable and it's kitted so having something that rips is a bonus. Within the next few weeks I've got plans for my Regency, though..

Yeah mine is the black TT as well!

Heres a couple pics of it! Its only getting to and removing the carb for work when it has a problem that I have had any major issue with myself and it looks the best! Its the perfect size for a tall guy like me! and I don't have to hunch!

I hope to swap the motor out for a puch I think to keep the look of it.

What you have planned for yours?

1251319912_sta45831.jpg

I'm also thinking about putting an E50 on it.. if I can't get the stock engine back into prime condition (which I don't think I can).

I want to make it ratty, gonna either replace the tank or clean it out and paint it with black and yellow stripes like a bee carapace. Then if and when I get a license plate on it I'm gonna put the number on the front fender laterally, like old school british bikes. Then cafe bars, and a racing number on the side, probably something jeuvenille like 69 or 420. If I've got the torque I might, instead of making it cafe, put saddlebags on it and instead put ape hangers on it.

This is all a pipe dream though, I definitely don't have the tools, materials, or know-how yet.

From the one pic you have there it looks in pretty decent shape. TT regencys in black are the hard to come by, bit of a rarity, so I would suggest restoring it as well as you can (replace the motor later). What seems to be the issues you are having? if you want, email me at sketch2000ca@hotmail.com with more details and I will do what I can to assist!

nerdzilla No mo Peds no mo /

its no bat, but heres a trac rebuild i did. lil trouble starting, but it runs well.

1251330388_trac4.jpg

That the laura or the dailem? Looks VERY simalair to mine, even the snow flakes are the same. Whats it do when you start? When did you last clean the carb?

the whole top end/carb has been taken apart and cleaned. carb alones been cleaned 3-4 times. had timing issues, and its pretty much on. im almost 100%sure its in the timing. when it starts it runs solid and idles perfectly. baked out the header and welded it to a sachs stock pipe, bigger than the original. the airbox was melted around the intake so it wouldnt even get close to forming a seal so i got rid of it. seems to run a bit lean, but couldnt get ahold of a 60-62 jet.

its a trac so of course the daelim.

You might be able to fix the old airbox with some sort of tube to join the airbox to the carb. This should fix the lean problem if you get the airbox back in use.

Nice, wish I had one, they are built better then the laura I have heard. Taking the air box off can throw the whole thing off, making fit again or replacing it would be a good idea. Check again for carbon build up as well perhaps?

yeppers, Bats seem to be like Mobys in that if it was not your first ped they are mysterious, they are like any other machine study learn etc you will end up with a good bike. Mobys and I get along even though I'am not a "guru" by any streatch. All gurtners I have ever owned work well and idle, most do not share the experience. Bats are often malinged but seem to be nice bikes, the only issue I have ever heard of is parts availbility. Best of luck always!

Even now knowing how to take the carb of it is still a pain in the ass, yeah you are right about learning. This is a real stumbling block for fixing it if you don't know what to do like most beginners. Ah well.

gota remove the clutch to get the carb. but most of the carb can be disassembled without doing that to clean it. the bike hasnt ran enuf yet for carbon buildup. and i got mad an threw out the airbox, prolly not such a good idea, but i did. it was pretty rocked. and ive tried to hook all sorts of hoses to the intake with no luck. theres just not alot of room. its never ran with the airbox since ive had it. i think jetting is a better option for me now.

An air box from the slightly more common M56 should fit it. Consider this, without the air box you risk debris or contaminents getting sucked into the engine which could be...bad. And, with the box, you wouldn't need to re-jet which would be more difficult to do then find another box.

I've got a Trac Hawk too with the Daelim M56 motor and everytime I ride it surprises me. It took some time to dial it in and yes there are really no aftermarket parts for it but I love this bike. Runs a solid 30mph and with a little time gets close to 40mph to scare it! One mod that was easy to do , one of "Treats" bolt on chambers (Jamocol). I used the stock air box-just slipped in a small piece of air cleaner foam to make it work better. With such a small engine every particle it sucks in could be it's last.

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr224/ghciii/DSCF1129.jpg

i got that same chamber on my sachs. just welded it on. great deal for 30 bucks. too bad they got no more of em. one of the best deals i got.

homey... ive been looking for one of those airboxes for 6 months. they are made of unobtainium. i realize the risk of running without one, but they are really impossible to find. anybody whos got a m56 is not about to part with it. im selling so im not interested in fabbing one, but thats what id do if i was keeping it. fiberglass can work wonders.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account