difference between av7 and av10 ?

How do I identify which one I have? I have a '77 mobylette and just got a '58 montgomery ward made by motobecane and would like to know what motors they have so I can buy some treats.

Re: difference between av7 and av10 ?

AV7 intake on the cylinder

AV10 intake is on the engine case (reed valved)

99.9% sure you have AV7's, AV10 were not sold stateside

next question, can you change from an av7 to av10 by purchasing av10 cases and cylinder kit? if so are the internals pretty much the same and does everything else work together? Thanks, new to motobecanes and just trying to do my homework before buying parts I cant use.

well, you would have to change your top end. AV10s are case inducted (intake in the case) and AV7s are piston ported (intake on the cylinder).

I got that part, but is the rest of it transferable.

you need the reverse spring mounts springs,

and of course the motor, then a carb and intake for the AV10 case

you can keep the crank, vario, head and electrics but you gotta do a work around for the engine return spring/braket i think its a mirror image of the AV7

Both of your bikes have av7's, and there are some tuning parts available these days for the av7 motor. If you "convert" your motor to av10 cases there are some small issues concerning the lower motor mount and the ignition nut. You cannot use an av7 or the av10 head on your "58", you'll have to use the stock head.

true dat. mount is in different place on old AV's (78, 89).

we have the correct reversed spring mounts, and you need the correct AV10 crank do not use the av7 the AV10 is a full circle crank

we also have the correct nuts for the crankshaft ignition end

cases, intakes, reeds, CDI, variator, seals, 47mm kits, but so far only AV10 stock type heads

I have a bottom end for an av10 here if you are interested

saabsonettguy, I see you are in mount olive, you are more than welcome to come to wilmington and ride with the white line riders, we get together most sundays for an afternoon ride.

the difference is about 2 horsepower, reeds, and a bigger tank. ive got one and they are quite different

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account