can it really be this simple?

ok, so if i took a hobbit motor/swingarm combo, would it bolt right back up to an urban express, thus giving me pedals?

Re: can it really be this simple?

why would you do this? just run the hobbit like a boss.

Kim Jong illest /

is that a yes?

i like where you're going with this. A chopper with a couch for a seat. yes.!

Kim Jong illest /

i just have this hunch, that the rear wheel on both are mounted the same way, thus making it possible to also give it a proper 17in rear wheel, and a great "jacked up" ass.

well? anyone? are the mounts the same on the urban and hobbit?

The urban is mono shock, you'll need to brace the swing arm to compensate. I've "jacked-up the ass" of an urban with a taller rear shock, can't say it was comfortable, I always felt like I was sliding off the seat.

I still think you should try it.

I'm not too familiar with a Hobbit, but from the pics that I've seen and what I know about Urbans, I don't see why not. There's plenty of clearance for the carb and the shock mount studs are there. I may be wrong but anything can be done if you have enough time, money and patience. Maybe have to make a custom motor mount at worst.

The Urban Hobbit: sounds good.

consider splicing the two rear ends, the biggest difference is the suspension, and you might have to drill a few holes.

~SABAT!

The transmission of the Hobbit is a derivation of Vespa designs.

The frame of the Hobbit is a derivation of badass Honda tube-frame motorbikes. The inverted forks are pure beef.

So, I think that it's a cool project, but that you're sort of trying to swap out a good frame for an inferior one.

you'd have to measure the pivot bolt...

it may really screw with the handling - mess up the rake and trail.

if this works let me know, i too desire a "jacked-up" ass.

Kim Jong illest /

well, theres a few things id like to try here...

1. on one hand, i want to do this strictly for the pedals, which i feel will help for numerous reasons

2. i plan on putting the tomos revival forks/brakes on it, like with my old moby.

this is GOING to raise the front some, as they are longer forks, and larger rims. this could have a few effects. A. it will look like a motorised big wheel, rad. or B, the hobbits drivetrain plus larger rim may actually even it out, given the compensation with a new shock.

i kinda like the idea of the nutty big wheel thing though! and i assume the smaller rear wheel will give me great torque.

2. the opposite. add hobbit drive and raise rear significantly, and put the rear rim up front, making the incline more severe. adding a set of high bars could give me a rad "standing" riding stance, which could also be fun, but might present pipe clearance issues.

thoughts?

what ever comes out of this is gonna be re-dick.

i never even thought of this. please do it.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account