Boston - daylight rides?

Just got my moped up and running and have been riding around Boston all weekend. I know the Khz have rides on Wednesday nights, but I don't have a functional headlight at the moment. Anyone riding early enough to make it worth it before sundown? It'd be cool to link up with some other riders out there.

Re: Boston - daylight rides?

im in milford if you want to ride down here.

its like a 40 mile trip.

Ha.

My ride:

we dont even ride mopeds. i just drive my car around and talk shit about everyone elses moped.

yeah i only ride my scooter but then again i rode the jawa that dan s gave me today and it seized up

runnin so lean that the header pipe was cherry red

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

Bring that over to my house, and lets cut the sealed beam open and install a normal cheap bulb so you don't ever have to deal with the Honda $30 bulb madness. Also grab a Gates BX-31 belt from the auto parts store and install to enjoy 33 mph happiness without touching the engine. The urban 26 mph slowness can cause blindness, mental disease, and your dick may fall off.

Just busted out laughing at work. Thanks Dave. :)

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

Don't laugh to hard..your dick may fall off too!

HAHAHAHAHAHA! oh shit....

I might try to tackle the headlight tonight. I have an extra one (both blown) just in case I fuck it up. As for that belt, know of any stores in the area that carry it in stock? Autozone didn't have it. Thanks

Ryan,

I think we past each other this weekend on Oxford Street in Somerville. I was riding a blue moby towards harvard square and a urban express was heading towards porter.

Yup I remember seeing you. Saw about 5 or 6 other peds thus past weekend. I was literally on the road probably 5 hours each day

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

Any good auto parts store like a NAPA will have the belt. Also Motion Industries in Woburn, possibly Grainger in Watertown.

I am doing some Ghetto riding on the hunt for a couple of stolen peds that my employees spotted at 11 tomorrow if you are interested in a tour of the projects.

Thanks, I'll check them out. Wish I could ride tomorrow, but got a 9 to 5. Appreciate the invite. I started messing with the headlight, and just need some help reconnecting the wires, if you could offer some insight. Pictures in the Repair thread. Thanks.

Boston - daylight rides?

dude. I ride on nice days on my lunch break, I too work the 9-5. I'm on boylston. hit me up.

Unfortunately, I work out in Wellesley and don't bring the moped to work. I've only had the thing running for about a week, but I've basically been riding every day after work until the sun goes down. Usually do a big loop through Porter, Inman, Central, Back Bay, BU, Allston, Harvard, back to Davis. Once I get a battery I'll have a working headlight and won't be so limited. If you know where I could get one locally, let me know. Haven't had much luck finding the right one and have been holding off on ordering one online in hopes that I'll locate one close.

i got my urban express battery at walmart napa can also get them too

Do you have the Deluxe (NU50M)? Or the regular NU50?

I went to Walmart and bought a battery someone else had recommended to me, but turns out they had the Deluxe and the batteries are different sizes. I'll go back and double check to see if they have a smaller one, but the one I got was the smallest they had at the time. If not I might just get one online, no big deal.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account