Registering & Title a Moped w/o Paperwork

Has anyone dealt with trying to get a moped registered and titled without any previous owner paperwork? I live in NJ & it's a big hassle to get a moped registered and titled w/o a previous owner's title or some form of original purchase documentation. Does anyone know of any companies that will do a title search & issue a new clean title for a moped similar to what is done for cars w/o a title?

Re: Registering & Title a Moped w/o Paperwork

"I have been part of a couple of mopeds getting registered w/o a title. in michigan, they do not even flinch at. they just create one. if you wanted to, you could find some one in michigan, have them register it, and then ""buy"" it back<br>just a thought. :)<p>: Has anyone dealt with trying to get a moped registered and titled without any previous owner paperwork? I live in NJ & it's a big hassle to get a moped registered and titled w/o a previous owner's title or some form of original purchase documentation. Does anyone know of any companies that will do a title search & issue a new clean title for a moped similar to what is done for cars w/o a title?<p>"

Re: Registering &amp; Title a Moped w/o Paperwork

Do you or any other members of this forum know of anyone in Michigan who would be willing (and trustworthy) to do this for me? I would be happy to compensate the person for their time & any associated expenses in getting a title for my bike. The bike is n

"You also might want to try getting a lien hold on the moped. If you know someone who has a shop or salvage yard, they might be able to do so, provided that the moped isn't stolen or still under some form of documented ownership. This might only apply to the state of California, where I live... and I've never done this before... so things might be a bit different in your neck of the woods. Hope that helps.<p>_wal<br>"

Jon Dalton /

At least you don't live in Canada

<br>: Has anyone dealt with trying to get a moped <br>registered and titled without any previous owner <br>paperwork? I live in NJ & it's a big hassle to get <br>a moped registered and titled w/o a previous <br>owner's title or some form of original purchase <br>documentation. Does anyone know of any companies <br>that will do a title search & issue a new clean <br>title for a moped similar to what is done for cars <br>w/o a title?<p>international title service can get you a title for 75.00. Ihave used them before they are very proffessional and reliable . their web address is www.its-titles.com

": Has anyone dealt with trying to get a moped registered and titled without any previous owner paperwork? I live in NJ & it's a big hassle to get a moped registered and titled w/o a previous owner's title or some form of original purchase documentation. Does anyone know of any companies that will do a title search & issue a new clean title for a moped similar to what is done for cars w/o a title?<p>When i registered my moped in MA, the registrar didn't ask for bill of sale, my ID, or anything."

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account