damn! 8 mobys + parts for $1500.. good deal

Re: damn! 8 mobys + parts for $1500.. good deal

eh... how is that a good deal?

something.. something.. beholder

Less than $200 a bike, sounds like a good deal to me.

Andrew Squiggman /

8 mobys for nearly the price of just one new tomos. a good deal indeed!

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito /

if you're really into hardwiring and cleaning variators and clutches with odd sized shit then yeah great deal. the cheeta seat looked funny though, wonder if tha twas inspired by the trips to africa

Sweet, thats a whole lifetime of frustration!

I'm sorry but I can not stand motobecanes. The only one I have ever seen that acted proper is owned by a doctor. They look cool, and when they work right they are awesome, but they don't work right. Its like they picked every tenth one off the assembly line and were like, "Ok, lets make this one right so everyone can know a guy who knows a guy that has an awesome one." Then proceeded to make the other nine_almost_ right, with just a couple little defects that are nigh impossible to suss out, and only solvable through the purchase of special tools and non existent parts that broke on every other bike just like the one on yours did.

I'm not gonna lie though, I like that leg shield on the orange girl there.

I masturbate to motobecane

wat

Mobys are easy to fix if you understand them. No rocket science there. Be brave and get one .

Jesus Nick...You already posses a kings load of those things. You'll need to build a pole barn if you buy any more.

I would fight an old grandma if it meant getting all those mobys.

I luvs me some mobys.

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

mas

Not sure why people seem to have trouble with Moby bikes. All mine are awesome and fast and beautiful.

Andrew Squiggman /

I love the feel and the girth, and mechanicalness (word?) of them.

Yep Yep!

Wow what a haul! My kingdom for a garage! I have those exact legshields...they are soo cool, can't wait to finish my moby, lacks time and $$ though.

Good deal for sure. I would have scooped that up in a second.

Whatever, I scooped up a couple complete decent shape mobies this year for like 80 each. I would not ever do it again. Give me anything but a motobecane.

"I have an idea! Lets make bolt heads and there corresponding nuts a mm or two different! Also, make sure the timing always gets off and is difficult to reset."

I think they look really cool, but shit that doesn't work the way its supposed to pisses me off. That is my attraction to mopeds and mechanical stuff in general. Spark, mixture, and compression, thats all other mopeds need. Not mobies though, when they decide they don't want to run, they aren't going to run. They can look like all systems go, and still not run. I don't know if I just got two terrible specimen that both happened to be complete and seperate pains and in my ass, but I can honestly say motobecane has provided me with more hassle frustration and wasted energy than any other moped company combined.

Sorry, rant over.

with nothing currently running it just $1500 worth of parts, maybe someone just bought 8 seized engines/anchors. "2 were running" is different than "2 are running" all mopeds "were" running once and not every fix is a simple carb clean. hopefully they get 5 runners out this or its a bad money decision.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account