paint touch-ups

I'm a proud new owner of a 77 Puch Maxi (yellow), spent the last week or so doing some general maintenance and fixing all her worn down bits and pieces. Now that I'm in the final stretch I need some suggestions for how i should go about getting out her rusted dings and scrapes, reapplying color, and sealing. I don't want to take her apart and repaint the whole thing. Help?

PS: I'm new to this, be gentle

Re: paint touch-ups

take the flattest piece you can find, take it to a paint shop (like auto paint, not home depot) they can use an instrument to mix up like a pint of touch up. Apply with a brush unless it is a large area.

oh, easy, thanks!

i should have said "an instrument to match the paint" but you get the idea. Usually it takes about a 2x3 flat piece but it all depends on what they are using. You could also find the paint code but it may not match because your paint has probably faded a bit over time.

"take the flattest piece you can find"...

That might be hard to do unless u wanna take the puch apart. Can't she just roll up to the auto body place on it and ask to do it there. Maybe call first.

I think it really depends on what type instrument they are using. I know in my town, they use a fairly large one. It was quite finicky also, even if the part had a slight scratch in it, it would throw the calibration off. It took me 4 parts and 3 trips to get it right for me.

thats kinda of a pain, but if you want it done right/well I guess its the way to go.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account