Pinto/Swinger w/ Puch long seat?

I'm building up a Pinto and I just bought one of those slick Puch longseats. Not the regular Pinto 1.5 seats, one of the ones like treats sells. Anyone mount one of these things on a Pinto before? I searched through the pics but didn't find anything. I'd rather find out if this is even possible before I hack up my frame. If so, can someone please post some pics of where they had to customize their frame? Thanks in advance.

Re: Pinto/Swinger w/ Puch long seat?

i had a longseat on a maxi N....so a pinto will work for sure.

just leave the rack on and set it over it. do the mod to lower it though, long seats look stupid left stock

One problem, the seat post for a maxi is bigger than the seat post for a pinto. It's not a "bolt on" and go type deal with a Pinto, else I'd have no problem bolting onto the rack (which I am planning on doing anyway). I am just looking for ideas to adapt the bigger seat post on the long seat to fit the smaller female part on the Pinto frame.

Uhhhh....maybe not? I have a few maxis and a pair of swingers. The post that is attached to the long treats seat (welded no swivel/clamp etc.) Is of a larger diameter than my swingers post-tube will accept. Maxis-no problemo. Swingas-you would have to hack and weld on a smaller diameter post. This is assuming that the swinger and pintos post tube are of the same setup but I would imagine they are.

-b-

Yeah, it's either hack off the post off of my brand new $45 seat, or modify the frame (cut off the top portion to make it) and then figure out a way to keep the front portion of the seat clamped down.

Ya beat me to it by four seconds..

yeah i actually cut a slit in the back of the tube on the seat and bent the hole bigger so it would wrap around the outside of the frame part then drilled a hole through the seat post and the frame and put a bolt through all of it. then for the back i cut the bracket in the back of the seat and shortened the bars going down and welded the cross piece up higher so it would sit lower then drilled holes in to the rack on the back and bolted the seat do it.

Jake Shaughnessy /

if you dont want to cut eather of them you could use the puch long seat on another bike and buy one of them tomos long seats treats has. the tomos one will bolt onto the clamp on the the frame. long seats do work on pintos, but after a while it will start to effect the frame where the rack bolts onto the frame.

the human house /

if you have any more questions feel free to ask

the human house /

i also did it with the rack

the human house /

i recently put taller shocks

Nicolas Vielleux /

You're awesome! Been looking for a solution for this for days.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account