hello ya'll

cool I'm stoked to find out about your club. I'm bout to buy a vintage moped and ride it all over British Columbia, maybe to Alaska. trying to decide whether to purchase a 1980 Puch maxi luxe with 1400 mi or a 77 cimatti city bike with 600 miles. Both are practically mint condition, 500 dollars apiece. The city bike also comes with a spare engine but i hardly have a place for a spare engine. I know the puch has a 2 hp 50cc engine...is that about the same on the city bike? Mainly what I'm asking myself is which has more collector value...as sadly I may have to sell it for a motorcycle when I get my license. Thanks ya'll and good to be here!

Re: hello ya'll

puch is the answer

If you're going to ride to Alaska you're probably going to want a spare engine.

Have you met up with Jeff, he is in Vancouver. If you come Cranbrook way, give me a holler. Brenda

Ulysses!

Dude - get whichever one you want and then drop me an email. There's a few of us getting together somewhat regularly now in the Lower Mainland for rides. I have a garage with a buncha tools, some Cimatti parts (I have a red city bike just like the blue one you're looking at), a sweet sound system and beers, and the other guys I ride with (based in Mission - I'm in Langley) have a shed fulla peds. If anything goes wrong with whichever one you end up getting, I'll help you fix it for free at the garage. Drop me an email, and lets hook up and ride!

BTW - I'm Jeff ^

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account