crankshaft: stuffed/unstuffed

Whats the difference?

Is stuffed more stable?

Re: crankshaft: stuffed/unstuffed

Stuffed has the tasty filling, unstuffed is empty. Lets face it, everybody loves stuffed. Stuffed crust, stuffed shells, stuffed peppers, you name it. Some people have had problems with the stuffing melting or falling out when they run hot. This is probably due to too much mozzarella, the cheese can't take the high temperatures. Some regard this as a safeguard feature before you ruin the rest of your engine. http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Crankshaft

Tom Rainwater /

What he said. The stuffing is there to protect you before you damage the rest of the engine. I've had both in my engines and I can';t tell any difference in performance, so far I haven't seized anything. Guess it mostly depends on my mood when I am buying what I feel like spending.

I wonder if I can get raspberry stuffing then =/

Thanks dudes.

Tom Rainwater /

No one told me you could choose a flavor.

Conrad Conrad /

I hear that you can take the stuffing out if you don't like the flavor. Then you end up with an unstuffed crankshaft with an oil hole. This saves you from drilling one since the unstuffed doesn't have one.

no groms no blasters /

unstuffed. why take a chance on sketchy parts?

Jason Jason Bobason /

I don't think the stuffing is there as a safe-guard. The stuffing is there to take up some of the volume in the crank case, thereby creating a stronger pulse.

It replaces the removed material lost in case matching. however it takes case volume to fill a larger displacement kit. so I'm not sure 95 % of bike builds would notice a difference ether way and when you throw in the different characteristics between different porting on different kits and reed or piston port set ups , not to mention high rmp and low rpm bikes ..I have determined there is no clear determination.

what I do know ...with choices something will be in stock

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account