Licensing

I have a Mini Bike (Rupp). I'm going to make it street legal but I can't find the title. And I don't know to register it as a moped or moter cycle. My guess is moped because the engine is like a riding mower on end and has a belt to chain conection. All I know is that it will fly down the road

Re: Licensing

"just make up a fake reciept from one of your friends, then take it to get registered. moped is definately the way to go, much cheaper, and no license restrictions."

": I have a Mini Bike (Rupp). I'm going to make it street legal but I can't find the title. And I don't know to register it as a moped or moter cycle. My guess is moped because the engine is like a riding mower on end and has a belt to chain conection. All I know is that it will fly down the road<p>Depending on what state you live in, you may not have to register at all. Also, you can call your DMV and get registration information once you know some specifics.. For example, your bike is probably 50cc or less and is also probably automatic transmission. That means it's not a motorcycle. "

Check this site ...........

: Check this site ...........http://www.its-titles.com/<p><br>;

Check your state laws.

": I have a Mini Bike (Rupp). I'm going to make it street legal but I can't find the title. And I don't know to register it as a moped or moter cycle. My guess is moped because the engine is like a riding mower on end and has a belt to chain conection. All I know is that it will fly down the road<p>Like Kim said below, find out what the laws are in your state. Check their websites, call the DMV, whatever it takes. Laws vary from state to state, you may not need anything, and you may have to title, register, license, and pay taxes, depending on where you are. Eliminate the guesswork and find out for sure, contact your state agency for licensing info."

": : I have a Mini Bike (Rupp). I'm going to make it street legal but I can't find the title. And I don't know to register it as a moped or moter cycle. My guess is moped because the engine is like a riding mower on end and has a belt to chain conection. All I know is that it will fly down the road<p>: Depending on what state you live in, you may not have to register at all. Also, you can call your DMV and get registration information once you know some specifics.. For example, your bike is probably 50cc or less and is also probably automatic transmission. That means it's not a motorcycle. <p>Acutualy it doesn't have a transmission. It runs directley from the moter to a belt whitch goes to the othe side with a chain running to the tire<p>I live in Iowa"

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account