TORONTO MEET:How it went, whats next and is he ok?

K, so today was rather under whelming. I think this may have been due to the short notice as well as the lack of input from potential participants. At the next one which, will be in about 3 weeks I will post a preferred day Poll for maximum effect. This should be set within the next few days and you can give your input then!!

As for what happened today, it was just myself until about 3 o'clock and one other guy showed up, by the name of Frank with a nice blue LX. When he first arrived I wanted to show him how my moby, which I had just managed to fix, was running. I began to start it up when the outer half of the clutch falls clean off. Embarrassing, lol. Guess it had been getting loose for awhile. He and I talked peds for awhile as I attempted to repair the moby. Finally it turned out I had every socket but the one I needed to fix the thing and asked this fellow if he wouldn't mind going buy my apartment (a few blocks away) and getting the needed socket from my GF who was at home.

He and I exchanged numbers and he was on his way. 20 mins later I attempted calling him with no answer a few times. He also did not appear at the apartment when I called my GF, who had been expecting him from an earlier call from me, and had been looking for him. He did mention that he was somewhat unfamiliar with the area and I would just like to make sure this fellow mopeder is alright. If you know him or ARE him please post here or send an email so I know he/you made it home ok. I hope you are alright, man!!

Hope to see more of everyone at the next meet :D

Re: TORONTO MEET:How it went, whats next and is he

^^^^

This story is awesome, but only in potentiality.

Go to the library - this is where the story ends - go to the library, and look in the papers for dude by name and moped model.

I bet you find that he's been dead for ten years after a horrible traffic accident that happened when the clutch on his LX fell off, or something else spoOOOoky!

+++

"Are you sure you didn't accidentally take that left off Smallman street into 1998?"

Whoa man!! Don't make my head go all "twilight zone" now!! Maybe buddy some how saved my life, huh? :D

haha the story has so much potential for a classic scifi ending... its definitely worth taking further.

couple of questions:

did the guy ressemble anybody you know that has beed dead - ie father, uncles, grandpas or friends? and not necesarily in the form when they died but also in the past? you know, like your one cool uncle who passed but when he was 20 years old... hopefully you get my point.

also did he act weird in anyway or form? like he already knew that your clutch was gonna fuck up but tried to act like it was a big surprise? now that the situation has change, you may remember something that was out of the ordinary but at the moment it didn't hit you.

what was the guy waering, was a different decade attire? depending of where you live you will have to think back to the3 different stages of fashion to pinpoint the era but it should be simple enough. remember the shoes? shoes are a dead giveaway for a time lapse in people's fashion sense...

well this should be enough to consider for the time being. keep us updated!!!

i was really hoping this story would end up with you going home to find him banging your girlfriend. oops!

"remember the shoes?"

Okay, seriously, this is the worst way of identifying a possible time-traveler or helpful-uncle-from-the-dead that I've ever heard!

"Well, he was wearing cheap canvas shoes and a La Coste shirt, so he must have been from 1980."

Fail.

"Well, he was wearing black boots and a long dark coat, so he must have been a soldier from the trenches of World War One."

Equally fail.

"Well, he was wearing Reebok Pumps..."

Time-traveler from 1990, no question about it.

"Well, he was wearing Reebok Pumps…"

Time-traveler from 1990, no question about it.

jconstantinos you pretty much contradicted yourself with the statement that shoes(of course not all of them) point to a specific time in our history.

reebok pumps, troop, travel fox etc etc. have a definitive place in time when talking about fashion. therefor if "Frank" had time traveled or been stuck it time, you could try to find that time by looking at his clothes...

you started it, why getting so pissy???

K, he was wearing all denim (not to unusual), he seemed pretty normal, maybe alittle antsey but I think that was because he had come out to ride and not sit there while i fixed my 'ped.

I could be mistaken but I think he wore reeboks (not 100%) and he didn't really remind me of anyone I have known. He seemed nice enough and even let me start his tomos (I found it weird that need to pedal backwards to start them) and I thought we got along well.

I think I found his email in the members directory here but I am uncertain as to wether I should try contacting him or not. As far as I know hes still alive unless he got in some sort of accident on his way home...

A Canadian in all denim? Probably on his way to a wedding...

Sean Scudder (Crash) /

OUCH! Quatto ftw! No, that stereotype only fits those living in Alberta!

And there are a far wider range of sterotypes from the states...so, those in glass houses and all that...

Code Name: BLAST! /

the entire country of Canada is a time-travel experiment. WTF are you people talking about? You know that it's got to be 1999 there right now, right?

srsly, I kid. I love Canada.

Canadians think that Cuba is a real place that you can visit, and - laughably - believe that people who are old enough to serve in their armed forces are responsible enough to drink alcohol. Ha!

Also, they only have five hours of gravity per day, and they're not even _consecutive_ hours.

Frostback Ditch /

Don`t forget though, we do make stronger beer :).

Sean Scudder (Crash) /

Stronger beer? Don't you mean, drinkable beer?

Whoa!!

Heres a thought, what if I'M the ghost and I just saved all of your lives somehow?? DAMN!! I feel disoriented!! Perhaps even disembodied!! Theres the light!! Must move closer to the light!! OWWW!!! I burned my cheek on the *&%$#%&% bulb!!!!

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account