Re: DMV nightmare!!

Michael /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

well, living in illinois, i would recommend registering your moped. i had to pay a 50 dollar citation and a 175 dollar ticket for not having plates and insurance. What are they telling you at the dmv? that they dont register mopeds? and where in illinois do you live? i had to first get a title from www.its-titles.com. when i went to the secretary of states office to get an illinois title and to register it, they told me they didnt register mopeds. when i showed her the tickets i had, she went and looked in a big book and then said "ooooooh..a MOped..." then, after arguing with her again about whether the its-title i had obtained was real (it'd better be real since i paid 75 bucks for it) she gave me the title. the plate they gave me was a motorcycle plate. i also had to call my insurance company. they gave me motorcycle insurance (141 dollars a year for a male 18yr old (not all that bad considering)). if they really really dont want to give you a title or plates or anything, make them type up a paper stating that you do not require any title, plates, or insurance to ride your vehicle. try and get them to notarize it too. that way, if you get stopped like i did, you can at least show it to the cops (or the judge if the cop gives you a ticket anyway). good luck dealing with jessie white..

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  DMV nightmare!!Topic by: Peggy Peggy 04/03/01 04:02PM
  Re: DMV nightmare!!Re: Reeperette Reeperette 04/03/01 08:09PM
  Re: DMV nightmare!!Re: Miguel Miguel 04/04/01 02:02AM
  Re: DMV nightmare!!Re: Mo-Babe Mo-Babe 04/03/01 09:05PM
  Re: DMV nightmare!!Re: daveb daveb 04/05/01 04:01AM
  Re: DMV nightmare!!Re: Michael Michael 04/04/01 01:41AM
  Re: DMV nightmare!!Re: stonnerdog stonnerdog 04/05/01 11:16PM
  Re: DMV nightmare!!Re: Jon DAlton Jon DAlton 04/07/01 03:06PM
  Re: DMV nightmare!!Re: Jon DAlton Jon DAlton 04/07/01 03:03PM
  Re: DMV nightmare!!Re: Peggy Peggy 04/09/01 01:29PM
  Re: DMV nightmare!!Re: Miguel Miguel 04/09/01 03:27PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account