$12,000 kreidler

Re: $12,000 kreidler

for the lazy:

Kreidler Van Veen ex Hans Spaan machine located at our shop in Japan. I believe this bike is a 1980 model but not 100 percent sure. This bike was imported over 18 years ago to Japan from the UK. Bike is in very good condition comes with what you see in the pics no spares. This is a real 185km 50cc two stroke racer! Worldwide shipping is no problem. I have a container of race bikes going to Long Beach, California leaving Japan the end of July. Cost to ship bike to Long Beach will cost aprox $750.00. I also have a container going to the UK in July and have room for this bike. I will be listing more bikes soon on ebay like a original Yamaha 73 TZ250A, TZ350A, New TA125, TZ500J, TZ750, Honda RS125R new, 88 RS250R, New 89 Suzuki RGV250SP Pepsi Kevin Schwantz replica............. Check out my other auctions for more race parts and bikes or check us out on the web. Payment must be a bank transfer to our company bank account in Japan. Payment must be received no later than 7 days of auction close. This bike is for sale on our website so I reserve the right to end the auction at any time. Bike is sold as is no returns so ask questions before you bid.

Kyle the Velvet Quaker /

Deff not what I was expecting. Too cool!

yup I am now gonna stare at this until it is burned into my memory and build the frame for one.Looks like a simple boxish frame

That frame is not as simple as it may look ;) It's very compact and completely purpose-built

You can buy those kinds of seats, fairings and tanks (All kinds of different models/years) fairly easy here. If I were to build a frame like that I'd buy that and an engine first and use them as a reference.

thats totally sick

Ϫ‡☄ಬ∞ ƀƖḬƝƊ ƤǂƿƎ ∞ಬ☄‡Ϫ - Hoke from Black Pipes Moped Gang /

that looks like it was built right the first time!

There are several companies in Italy and Germany that already make replicas frames for Van Veens, Minarellis. etc... They don't cost much either. Only thing that proves difficult is tracking down the unique engine parts. Those VV engines have nothing in common with a standard Kreidler unit (except the case).

im in love..

Mmmm.

that front mag is weird! I like it.

For you guys building watercooled units please note the thermo-syphon setup on this bike. No water pump required but note that the top pipe is quite large and the bottom one is much smaller. Also, the radiator is very thick.

5th picture from the top, that isnt a pump behind the radiator? round thing with the white dot?

i am in lust :S

Is that a motomatic pipe?

yeah i think thats a pump, and theres two small hoses coming from the bottom of the jug.

Rarely would you want to put the pump on the top of a water cooled set up. It's better to draw the coolant through the radiator back into the cylinder - this exposes your pump to less heat stress.

whats going on with that crank? is there 2 pistons in there? i think i can only see one spark plug and one carb

Thanks for making me drool all over my desk and keyboard, that racer is HOT!

Go back to 1980 and tell the Kriedler engineers that Nater, not that I am disagreeing with you about that though!

look at how much structure they cut out of that front wheel. crazy.

Notice they don't at any point claim that it runs? Not saying it doesn't but you can't take anything for granted on these sort of things. I also see a lot of wear and tear, mismatched grips, one dry rotted, dinged up coolant overflow bottle, zip ties all over. Awesome bike no doubt, but in need of love.

Also, anyone else think those welds aren't up to kreidler standards? I have only seen one kreidler, and I just remember thinking how clean and perfect the welds looked.

Wonder if it really could go 111 miles an hour?

lust

jacobdineen@aol.com /

All ready building one!!!! not quite a Van Veen but its close enough for me.

i was talking to a builder of the Kreidlers last year, and they do sell all parts separately from a complete. Kind of expensive to get to the states though. The faring alone is 450 euro so..put that in to our dollar and add shipping. Besides the its the '72 frame you want, or at lease the one I want.

1246398883_funn_002.jpg

Jacob, you should get sponsored by Bic. That looks like what there ball point head guy would ride.

Nice work.

that kreidler has been one of my favorite bikes ever for a long time

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cool

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account