**How to Buy NGKs at AutoZone**

Ever walk into an autozone needing a fucking NGK and they stare at you with that blank look like, "uggggggggg what?" Well thankfully not every AutoZone employee is a dumbass- our recently promoted assistant manager Ryan Bandit got us the actual NGK plug parts numbers for NGK plugs so they will now know what you want. Just go to them and ask for:

B5HS=4210

B6HS=7534

B7HS=5110

B8HS=5510

B9HS=5810

"Hey I need 3 NGK B7HS's parts number 5110."

Thank you Ryan Bandit, we love you.

Re: **How to Buy NGKs at AutoZone**

wiki this!

oh thank god.

i just wrote that down and put it in my wallet.

I have to say that is the shit right there..good job ! !

I went in to get a inline filter and the girl said whats it for....I say my moped....she says we wont have it. I said its the samething for a lawn mower she said but we dont carry stuff for mopeds....this was after I went to oreillys and the guy swore up and down that they have never carried anything that small....thats where I originally bought it from. luckily at autozone a customer behind me was like uh yeah you do carry those theyre right over there and showed me where they were.

i could be mistaken, but I believe Kragen uses those same part numbers.

Lesson learned

I learned a long time ago to NEVER say moped to any cash jockey that looks younger then a '75 moped. I just say its for a "small engine" or a "custom project" if pressed

Re: Lesson learned

If you have EVER bought a NGK plug from anywhere and you never noticed this big bold part number right on the box, shame on you.

One time an employee let me go in the back and look for them with him. Now I just say, "It's chill, I know where they are in your stockroom"

Im set on the fact that they hire people with aboslutely no experience just to make the customers life nothing but miserable.

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

Ya go to the wrong part's - No parts - part's store!

haha i had someone look up puch in their little auto book. i let him try and find it while i walked around the store and got the stuff i needed then handed him the spark plug box and said i needed ten of these. needless to say he didn't find a 79 puch in his book. made me laugh though

we aint got nothin like that. try the harley store...

autozone sucks, They carry these 2 stoke oil mini containers that mixes perfect to 32.1 when my tomos was stock. The dude took them off from the counter, put them back on the shelf and came back with fucking marine 4 stroke. I arugued with the retards their for over (on other place here sells em, but i run motul 800 all the time now) 5 mins until he finally sold me the fucking things.

Tom Rainwater /

The guys not a dumb ass, that is the way corporate is selling the plugs now as the Kragen folks are doing the same thing. As for them by part number 5110 for B7HS in NKGs.

i've had nothing but good experiences at Kragen. Auto Zone and Pep Boys have been less than satisfactory...Napa straight up sucks.

I avoid Autozone at all costs. I went in there to buy feeler gauges to check the timing, and when I told the guy that (bad move, I know), he (a) looked at me like I was insane, and (b) tried to convince me that I needed a torque wrench to check the timing. That experience is where #20 on my list came from -- "No, I do not really know what I'm talking about. Unfortunately, YOU do not really know what I'm talking about either. Please stop looking at me like I just came from the loony bin. M'kay?"

John Joedicke /

+1

haha, i knew b6hs's part number for the zone on dixie (or as ryan would say, the outer loop) but didnt know the others. awesome thread mr mark rayn

Griffin Applicable /

i hate when they ask "what's it for?" so much. i just tell them it's a dirt bike now

I've never had a problem getting spark plugs from an Autozone but the local shop doesn't carry the BxHS line of plugs so I have to settle for some off brand, bummer.

King Drunky JCams /

The closest Auto Zone stores to me do not carry NGK.

The Advance Auto a quarter mile from my house does though : )

I prefer Auto Zone over Advance Auto, but unfortunately I can't get plugs there ; (

AUTOLITE 4093 will light up ur Puch Magnum.

Autolite puke. For Jeep's only.

advance auto all carry ngk plugs and use the numbers, when someone wants a b8es, i just enter it in the parts interchange and it tells me the numeric part number.

i asked the guy at auto zone for something for my '64 ford falcon with a 200 inline 6, after looking in his computer he let me know that ford never made falcons with 6 cylinders, they only made them with V8s.

i found the part number for autolite in a small engine parts book at meijer, luckily i saved it in my phone because the guy at auto zone didnt know how to look up puch in his computer.

haha I saw this thread and laughed.

I buy them all the time at the auto zone, from the same 3 guys and every single fucking time. they go what the fuck is that? we don't have that.

then i walk behind the counter and say, " This is where they are."

You can also to to the NGK website and type in your plug #.

Cosmo nPuch Stillstolen /

Thank you Ryan !

We were at an Autozone tonight and we passed on the spark plug experience. The simple function of a purchase with a debit card was more than enough challenge for the clerk, the cash register and the attending manager. Looking up a spark plug was way beyond their capability.

What a bunch of half-wits...

had to reply to this...I have many years experience with cars. Although I'm not ASE certified. I've applied at auto zone countless times along with the other auto parts stores here in town. Yet I've never been hired, Not even called back for an interview. I've done engine swaps, rebuilt starters, done disk and drum brakes, transmission shift kits, body work, ect, ect... But my experience counts for nothing to the idiots that hire at these stores. I've dealt with the same things, talking to some book worm at the counter that thinks he knows something but in reality don't know shit. Especially now that they use computers to look up everything. They are completely dependent on that computer to tell them everything. The knowledge and skill in being able to really help someone is gone. If that computer says cant find a spark plug or fuel filter for a Honda Express then that's it and they send you on your way. Oh well, guess they just won't get my money.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account