so i traded my urban express today

i had my 82 urban IOWA express (the 23mph top speed one) on CL. got a dude that wanted to trade me.. so this is what i got today.

1980 Suzuki GS450L. me and my mechanic cleaned the carbs out in dudes driveway (bike has sat for 3 years) and put fresh gas in it. i drove it home. it needs a good clean out, and the fairing and sissy bar are coming off it. but not bad for a straight up trade, it's titled too.

now, in case of link fail, see my flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/magnus6913/3636836733/

Re: so i traded my urban express today

Nice bike, I'd think you'd be able to turn a real nice $.

Not too shab

Aj __iowa__ /

i wish it was a honda 450 just because about all i own is honda, but im happy with it so far. it ran REAL shitty when we got it started. it finally warmed up a bit, but its still really chuggy.. i think the stupid vacuum carb slide things are sticking a bit. so another tear off and clean after i ride it some more and see if that helps. and it leaks a little oil around the gear lever. but thats the only leak i've found so far, so thats not bad. oh, and the guy has a hobbit! i told him about this site.

Those gs 450s are awesome in town bikes, they are rugged as hell. The engine is a real iron workhorse. Great score, keep it!

Matt Scout The Scouting Dcon /

As much as I like Urbans, straight up that is an excellent trade!

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account