painting.....

Ahhh cold crappy weather is here and I will be painting my puch this winter does anyone have any ideas on what color i should paint it?

Also just wondering how many other people are going to be painting this winter?

Re: painting.....

David F Martin /

I painted my bike yesterday. See my other post...

david

Jason Langrehr /

I think a maroon or a kawasaki green would be appealing to me. Or maybe a red. But the thing i really like but its definetly non original on site is the multi color changin paint. Why not throw some metallic flake in or something when you paint it. If your going non original bike look go big. Or, a nice blue would be good to see. Almost navy. I dont see many blue mopeds. Blue with some white would be really nice looking

Andrew Dachnij /

Its called mirage paint by dupli-color, it changes color in sun light or street light, costs about $20 per kit at most auto stores, my paint job is 2yrs old and still looks great, to find out more info just go to search & use "mirage paint" as your key words.

Temputure

Andrew,

You have to make sure the temputure is at least 60F where you are painting. Also make sure you sand the prime coat with verry high grit sand paper so it comes out realy shiny.

Good Luck,

Mr. NoName

Temputure

Mr.NoName /

Andrew,

You have to make sure the temputure is at least 60F where you are painting. Also make sure you sand the prime coat with verry high grit sand paper so it comes out realy shiny.

Good Luck,

Mr. NoName

Temputure

my name is ben hunter im 14 years old im moving to florida wait no im not comming back to this site wait no im grounded for a month!

Its allready the puch maroon color... i was actually thinking like a tennis ball green would be kinda original we have a $200 dollar turbine gun with a sandblaster and my father is a painter so it should come out pretty nice

Ok since you guys are talking about painting how about some tips for a gal that's never painted a moped before.Now I'm up to 3 mopeds ( in 5 months) it's time to have some fun. I need to know it all...type of paint that stands the engine heat close to it etc etc.

Thanks everyone,

Liz

if you wanna spray paint there is an artice about it here...

Does anyone know were to find the original paint shade for an express?

Decals too...

chances are its a kite with no wind.

-James

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account