Moped newbie...what is this model?

Hi all. This is a moped that my uncle owns down in LA...I've always loved it, and I was wondering what make/model it is. I don't currently own a moped, but I'd really love to steal this one from him!

unclesmoped.jpg

Moped newbie...what is this model?

look on the gas tank that should have the name of the model and there should be a name on the motor

Re: Moped newbie...what is this model?

Ah yes, well the trouble is that all I have is the picture...I'm up here in Seattle, and it's in Los Angeles. And I don't really want to ask my uncle, that might tip him off that I'm after it.

its a vespa grande....its a nice ped, you should deff try and buy it off of him.

Thanks a lot!

you're in seattle, huh? the mosquito fleet meets every first monday down at the tin hat in ballard for moped monday at 9pm, which is tonight. you should stop by and put the word out that you're looking for a ped. we always know where a few are hiding around seattle to be snatched up.

Thanks for the invite. Christmas is coming, and we're actually having down at my uncle's, so I'm going to try one last time to see if I can get it from him before I go out and buy something.

ps....I'm curious, what it is like owning a moped in Seattle? What with the rain, theft, and all that good stuff?

it's a great city for riding a moped. if found it's usually faster to ride a moped than to drive a car and you never have to look for parking. we really haven't had any problems with theft. you just lock it to a bick rack or tree or something. as for the rain... it's actually not all that bad with the right riding gear. gloves and a rain coat come in handy.

Def a grande

FakeDad Blastmussen /

glad we got some closure.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account