shit heads

I finally figured out what was wrong with my backwheel tonight which was the it wasnt tight all the way so i decided to go for a ride and see my friend and he asked me if he could ride my moped so i let him 15 minutes goes by i hear chains rubbing against the frame look around the corner and hes pushing it I was like what happened he said that kids threw glass bottles at him .... and when he stopped turned around and tried to chase them the moped died because its got no idle at all so they got away and now im here with.. a flat tire so now ive got to order a new tube wait for it to get here which usualy takes well over a week and more time to put the tube in which is the worst thing to change/fix in my mind and i just JUST bought a new tube for it too .... pisses me off

Re: shit heads

Ben Hunter /

I know what thats like. I was rideing my friend on the back of mine and some little asshole threw a football at us.

avoiding objects

Brandon H. /

I had to deal with people throwing stuff when I rode my ped around my old neighborhood before I moved... No, it wasn't cause I was on a ped, it was cause they knew me and didn't like me. :) I found the best way to trick them up is to go fast enough they can't catch you by running but still have enough throttle left that if they throw something you can floor it and they'll miss. This trick works 90% of the time.

Re: avoiding objects

Where's the floor on a moped?

ive been lucky so far, all i get is a few odd looks and maybe the odd wolf whistle - weird that!

if somebody throws something at you, i guess thats where a NOS kit would be nice, leave em standing! lol

Man, That was easily the single longest sentence I've ever read here. (high five)

you know... most motorcycle shops will have tubes for a moped, especially those that deal with dirt bikes.

i had a few shitheads to deal with yesterdday one being a cop..

i got pulled over last night on my moped for the first time, i thought it was funny but the cop was like you cant ride your moped on the side of this street you need to ride it on a street with a speed limit 45 or under (50 was the limit on the road i was on) i told him riding on the break down lane was safer than teh alternate route that was legal, he basicly told me thats too bad and to ride on the bike lane (illegal)

so then i am on my way home from my g/f's house and i was taking the alternate route and some ass hole in a jeep wrangler was about a foot away from me and riding my ass, i had no place to pull off except a ditch, so i jsut found the first driveway and pulled off into it . then some guy who was behind me for no more than 50 yards till i turned off threw somthing at me and yelled and then flicked me off.

all this happened last night, oh and it was about 28-30 outside last night and there were a few snow flurries

David F Martin /

Given a choice between a six lane 50mph road and a two lane 35mph road, I'll take the big one. Most traffic on the 2-lane goes faster than the speed limit, and there's no way for them to get around you. At least on the 6-lane, they have room to pass.

You might try explaining this to the cop next time he pulls you over, but I doubt he'll listen. Those guys aren't paid to think.

david

Re: shit heads are cowards

I wish someone would "F" with me on my moped, I would love to get off my moped and give these assholes a beating of there life, but most people are tough when they are in there cars only.

One guy called a moped geek when I was riding my Batavus in the summer, till I saw him at the lights near where he insulted me, the center stand came down and the helmet off and all you see is buddy winding his window up in his car, and me asking who's the geek now buddy, tapping my helmet on his door. He couldn't even look at me in the face. Then I wailed a punch at his window and asked if he wanted one in the head that hard. Light changed, and he floored it. I bet he felt like a bitches bitch after that episode.

Frank

yeah its only 4 lanes total, i ride it almost every day to get to my g/f's house or i ride it to get to veit and seths house (people i ride with)

im just gonna keep riding on it

Dont let one dick cop stop you from your normal routine. Do what you want to do.

Frank

Nah they werent really waiting for anyone in specific they were just doing it for a saturday night cars people bike riders everyone I think they may need to get a life

hey chuck, was it a white jeep wrangler....cause if it was I know who it was. hehehehe. that guy threw and orange at me once so I went to his house and painted his little plastic widows. oops.

nope, it was a blue wrangler with a black top, had a body lift and some wannabe mud tires on it, he thought he was hot shit...lol

These lil kids threw a big ol rock at me once. I mean it's common sence, what if i wasn't wearing a helmet and that rock hit me in the head?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account