Re: *Maxine* puch rebuild w/ pics!

i wanna see how you lightend your whole clutch, good job if it doesnt wobble!!

no wobble!

I have pics but what the mainly show is the clutch brace/plate i made.

i sanded down on the ends of them (length wise) very little and weighed them to make sure they were all same weight.

not feeling the huge seat or the fork.

Purtty, great pics too boot!

I like that you went tall with the fork and seat instead of lowering everything like the rest of the world; I think it looks cool and different. Great build.

For some reason you remind me of (or look like) a couple of the ghost riders (or former GR's).

It's funny b/c the parts are almost accentuated in these pictures. In person the storage seat pan doesn't look soo big and you really don't notice that the forks are barely longer than stock

DANG.

Baltard Drought /

One of my favourite builds I've seen man, very clean and unique. Kudos to you sir, I can only hope my pug will look this nice.

I like how your rabbit ears match your bike.. well done sir..

my only suggestion.. since you don't have pedals (I have a kickstart maxi without pedals) get that internal coil that treats sells to clear up some of those wires.. then again I am obsessive and love the "clean" look.. regardless, good stuff..

why would i get the internal coil? i have the hpi cdi?

the wires off of that are clean. only difference being that there is the curve box, and the coil on the outside.

as for wires, i didn't really post any pictures, but it's cleeeaaaan.

For example, notice the one "wrapped" wire under the tank.

That alone has clutch cable, brake cable, a few light and ground wires, all in a cable wrap.

It's like this throughout the bike

Right, the CDI... "I was just checking the spec's on the rotary girder.... I'm retarded"..

ha

ok round two a few build pics:

and this is Batman, he likes to help

aw man guess i screwed the last picture up :

try this again

this is batman (ahem) and he likes to help:

Can you build me stuff? kthxbai.

ask batman, that's his deal.

Where o where o where did you find that storage seat? I want one in the worst way.

win.

I got sooo lucky with that seat. In person it looks so awesome.

I was having the hardest time, to the point where I was either going to fabricate an entire pan or steal the crappy one from a tomos.

Hippy had this just sitting around and reluctantly parted ways with it.

The pictures may make it look big, but I think that's because most of the pictures are taken from a lower angle looking up.

If you are standing next to Maxine and look at the seat, it's really hard to tell how big and how much treasure I have stored in her big ol bootey

hah, rad dude!

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account