Re: ...and so it begins

so, best ive hit so far is 53mph on a 26T

i've been grounded for a little bit, so i decided to take the time and pull the bike down all apart and clean up some stuff

got down to bare frame and cut off all unnecessary brackets and smoothed all welds. i wanted it powdercoated Kawasaki green, but it didnt quite turn out like that.

but i DO like the green they did. bike looks great in person. here's a few phone pictures

cleaned up the motor a bit

then i picked up some 16" A3 Grimeca's and thanks to Matt Chin, also have a new set of ML75's

dyed the seat black and painted my forks, headlight and bars

damn right man. I love the bike. Has any one else dropped the front of the motor for intak room?

both myself and mattback have done it now

well, worked on it for a bit tonight

fork bearings are done

wheels are on

exhaust is on

all really thats left is a little electrical, fuel petcock and chain

jesus i miss my bike

man, this is a pretty good thread. the bike really just gets better and better.

all this tomos talk lately...and always...is really making me wanna get a sprint or something, for fun.

this thread is awesome! how did i not notice it before? good work man!

Just picked one of these up. The exact model, same color but a 94 I was told... 400 original miles for 300 bucks...

i hard welded my frame to eliminate any slop once i figured out what angle i wnated to put the bike at.

as a plus, if you're running an angled port puch cylinder kit with the motor lowered you can run a flat port puch exhaust with no problems at all, haha.

got it mostly put together. almost there!!

please tell me you just took off the silencer to repack it and it's going back on.

Looking good man! waaaaaay better than original even though that wasn't bad either. Don't f*@k around with those yellow grips though. You're not riding a John Deere. Get black or white. White would make that shit pop with some kind of white accents or something towards the back of the seat, then paint the rim of your headlight white. Black would keep it sleek and uniform. either way dude, steezy.

props on the engine mount too mattology, I would be nervous about compromising the integrity of the mounts but it sounds like you've been ripping around on it for a while.

I don't know anything about Tomos, so I'm sure I'm wrong... but what is the reason you can't have an intake go to the right or left and pop out to the side?

Garelli VIP's carb's mount in what appears to be the same spot, but some of them came with this bendy side intake just like this one:

Tomos ain't got that option? I feel like the droopy engine kind of kills this build in terms of aesthetics. It just looks kind of wrong (the droopy engine, apart from that this is a fucking badass lookin' bike.)

well, im using a puch piston port kit and the only intake elbows i had found were 90 degree right off the head. i'd like to make something better, but anyplace else i located the carb would interfere with sweet pedal action.

as far as grips, yeah the yellow's coming off. ive got some black ones on the way :)

and the silencer? well, it decided it didnt want to hang out with me anymore and flew off somewhere on the 10 miles' distance between work and home when i was using the ped as my daily. i just welded a stinger to the end that points the exhaust slightly away from my wheel/peg

techno circuit singer/ silencers are the most antisocial inanimate objects in human history it seems lol.

just a quick video i made. it feels so good to ride it again!!

fail...?

oh weird. where did my link go? haha

<url>

damn, sounds great!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="

&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

did some mock up on my new pipe! YEAH!

heres a few pics of my ped from a couple days ago. the bags hold all the tools needed to rebuild this thing on the side of the road, a ratchet strap, spark plugs, jets, etc

sorry for the shitty quality, it was pretty sunny out and my camera sucks

i love my phone mount. i have GPS speedo for dailyi riding, and turn by turn directional GPS, google maps, etc.

from beginning to end AMAZING!

Charles Cole (OFMC) /

That's interesting shrouding for you wiring. What's it called? Lots of sizes? Can you get it bulk?

Charles Cole (OFMC) /

Found it! bulk YES

I like it dude.

i want to make sweet love to that seat. what did you have to do to recolor it? i also need mine black. same exact 103 seat

awesome job that looks great.

lookspretty sick, not gonna lie though, not digging the seat, if they made that cafe seat like 1/2 size or a little bigger it would look better imho but great build.....so which pipe are you runny for sure now? the simonini? tecno? or bennessar (sp?)

DurdanRIP-RIP /

i used spray vinyl die for the seat. works great! i have used the stuff on my dirtbike seats for years and it really holds up.

yeah, the seat seems a little out of place, but its comfortable as all hell and i hate the stock seats.

i ended up with the simo pipe.. ill see if i hasve some more recent pics

DurdanRIP-RIP /

looks like the only shits i have are of when i was mocking up the pipe. ill take more one day.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account