Re: ...and so it begins

i fucking love beginning to end threads like this. same with the jawmos. so much fun to watch it all unfold.

DurdanRIP-RIP /

i also made a new steel intake since the vibrationw as killing my alum one. ill give a good spit shine and take some new pics tomorrow

You boys still me make me nervous with those motor mounts.

DurdanRIP-RIP /

i havent had any issues whatsoever! its only one less bolt

although that one bolt accounts for 33.33333% of total mounting hardware hahaha

replace one of the two remaining bolts with a longer baolt so you can run the original extra washers and double nut from the missing bolt. then that single bolt will only be a much lesser portion of the hardware total, since it's washers and nut are on board once again, lol.

-Riprips- Durdan /

well, i did it. i blew it up.

le sigh

time to step forward. haha think i might go reeded kit this time. the piston port carb oil spray was kinda getting on my nerves anyways.

before it blew though,. mattology ported the kit and i got to 57mph being held up in traffic. pretty sure i hit 60 at some point

hey man get me some more pics of that phone mount.

my bros got the same phone and im sure he would love to know how you did that.

oh btw, siiiiick build. love the green and black.

but for gods sake, do something with that tail light hahaha

FLYING MONKEYS Dylan /

Nice man. sad that it blew up on you.. keep this tread alive.. add pics of any new stuff. Good job man

no real updates as of lately. she's still torn apart, i just havent had the time or money to fix it yet. which sucks because we have our tampa ride coming up soon!

i did, however, find a powder coating shop that actually has the shade of green that i wanted originally (kawi green) and will probably strip the bike back down and have him redo the frame.

the phone mount was super simple. just took a plate of aluminum, drilled 2 holes the width of the handle bar mounts, then shaved down those mounts the same thickness of the plate (so they would clamp the bars down)

then just use some industrial grade adhesive backed velcro. put the soft side on the phone, though, so its not irritating to use when off the bike

also, be careful when you remove the phone from the mount. the velcro is REALLY strong and ultimately will pull the battery cover plate off the phone. over time, that weakens the tabs ont he phone case. i know this, bc i hit a bump and lost my phone one night. the back cover stayed mounted though hahaha and these phones arent cheap to replace new. ugh

-Riprips- Durdan /

alright!

Puch 64cc Polini kit ordered!!

Polini 4 petal reed block ordered!!!

28T front sprocket ordered!!!!

12v points installed!!!!!

new coil!!!!!!

i cant wait!!!!!!!

and i cant use enough exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOTENOUGHEXCLAIMATIONPOINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dig the Kawasaki green Taylor.

I was going to suggest a honda intake that would reverse your carb and hug it to the frame, but since you're going reed there's no need...

Nice job.

verrrry smexy

New coil for what? You talking about the coil on the stator or the ignition coil? I want to know because I'm sure I'll need one at some point. lol

-Riprips- Durdan /

ignition coil since i went to points setup and cant use a CDI ignition coil

another moped gets the treatment?

No I mean where did you get the ignition coil? I doubt it's the same one the 6v points system uses?

Nic e ped.

Wheelies?! Is this straight? Pull the other one now.

Hey, really. My only experience is with Tomos targa scooter not ped. is there a big diff in clutches ? Or am I so naive that you'll all tell me you do wheelies with your peds. LOL

bb

no groms no blasters /

should have left the stickers on.

go fast.

-Riprips- Durdan /

billybird, i dont understand your post...?

yes, mopeds can wheelie. is that hard to understand?

Yes, even 50cc Hobbits can also do wheelies and even throw you off if you act stupid or don't expect such wheelies.

Motor-assisted-bicycles.

I won't even post the picture I should post.

-Riprips- Taylor Durdan /

Haven't been on this site in a while, but there's still a few of us Tampa dudes playing with these.

My ped has been sitting since the last Inverness ride 6 or 7 years ago.

I decided to freshen it up for the Tampa rally this weekend. I resealed the top end, cleaned up the carb, and finally converted the wheels to sealed bearings. Also installed treats new clutch assemblies. It's amazing what parts are available now compared to 10 years ago!

She's really hard to start when cold which sucks because the simonini pipe makes backwards pedaling impossible. But when it starts, it still rips.

IMG_20200201_131729_458.jpg
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account