Re: my bike is the shit

mit mortso /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

this bike, a 1980 newport two, is the only bike i have ever ridden that i wasn't like, damn, this needs to go faster. it is a perfect machine. it accelerates fast enough to ride w/ traffic and goes almost 40 w/ a stockish setup. i have no desire to kit it, it's very reliable. the motor has almost 7k miles on it. and may need to be rebuilt soon but it purrs like a walrus. i have port matched the intake and may do the exhaust/widen the transfers at some point. it's my baby. i don't want to put to much stress on my little cream puff.

i guess what im saying is that it's a little piece of fairytale moped magic. when i ride it it is perfect zen type shit. i feel like that kid in the neverending story, like in that other post on here somewhere.

the bike i'm refering to is bronze. the black one is my buddies pumos cobarga. it's a total hack job but is pretty nifty in a rat shiek sort of way.

1243401590_vinnies_bike_rack.jpg
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account