Indian 4 stroke desirability

fallout Survivor /

How desirable are the Indian 4 stroke mopeds? any good features,,? or bad features.>?

Re: Indian 4 stroke desirability

good features: cool looking frame decals sometimes, unique snowflakes, comfortable and beefy, if youre into that

bad features: 4-stroke engine, most overly complicated wiring of any ped ever, sluggish (see: 4-stroke engine)

basically, nobody really wants them, except people who are desperate for a moped, somebody who used to have one when they were younger, and people who collect two-wheeled vehicles that say "indian" on them.

fallout Survivor /

I was thinking sluggish... One for sale locally on craigslist for $350.. I rode a chinese pos clone moped 4 stroke (wildfire something) a year ago. it was real sluggish.

The indian mopeds aren't THAT bad. About what you'd expect from a stock 2-stroke ped, only not quite so peppy off the line. I've got one that's missing the airbox among other things and it does an easy 25-30.

what are you talking about dude when an indian is running good they are not sluggish at all they are actually pretty quick for a stock ped

complicated wiring huh the mag is a copy of a bosch but simplified and better since it has a regulator and charge circuit which a puch doesnt

everything about the indian is simple but the only problem with them is not very many parts available for them

if i dont sell mine il get it running again eventually

ive ridden two indians that ran well. they both topped out below 30, and were horribly slow off the line.

"everything about the indian is simple "

versus a puch? a moby? a peugeot? a derbi? a batavus? really?

as simple as a puch also i dont think 4 strokes are complicated

After dealing with electrical on french bikes, nothing is 'too complicated'.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account