Trashed magneto nut...HELP!

In my experiementing with timing changes, i somehow broke one of the tabs on the magneto nut that drives the oil pump. I've shopped and shopped and can't find one. If anyone has one or knows where i can get one for a Tomos A35....please help...

Lane

Re: Trashed magneto nut...HELP!

i have an extra one! tell me how to get it to u and i will.pay me like 5 bucks for it

Hi Lane, if you steal need the part let me know, I have a compleat extra motor for this reason, no charge. Mabe I will need something. Doug D. in VA. dwdoogie@webtv.net (send US Mail)

Well Doug, I sent mike an email days ago and didn't hear back, so I'm interested in your offer as well. If i end up with an extra one, that's fine...as flimsy as the original was, i'd say i'll need it in the future. I'll email you my addy...

Thanks,

Lane

Hi Lane, The nut is on the way...It shows some wear but still OK...Doug D,

Thanks doug, i'm a bit concerned about riding my ped in such a condition since i wouldn't know if the oil pump wasn't working til the piston froze up...ouch!

Thanks again,

Lane

Hey Lane, lost your email address, since your only a couple ststes away, when you go by a ped shop see what a pair of regular grips cost for one of my Tomos 92--93 Tomos TT. 1-dealer here that dont stock anything for peds, and what he does have he can keep. Real attatude and over priced. Get yours going? I pulled the extra motor down and has a hole down the side of piston- ha! Doug dwdoogie@webtv.net

Hey Doug, I got the new nut in...thanks a heap! I have no idea about a ped shop anywhere near me. I'm way in the boonies....closest place i'd even think to look is about an hour away. Lotsa folks owe me rides, so the next time i'm out, i'll check out the ped scene.

Thanks again,

Lane

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account