Derbi Atlantis buy or not to buy question

Looking at buying a moped/scooter. I found a listing for one I like. Its for a Derbi Atlantis 70cc. it has 6,000 miles on it and is a 2002. They guy wanted $600 for it but I told him I'd give him $400. He decided to accept it but said it needs a tune up cause it hasn't been used all winter. Is that a good deal? Does this company make a good quality product?

Thanks a bunch

Derbi Atlantis buy or not to buy question

yes, it's a deal. yes they make really really really good stuff.

Re: Derbi Atlantis buy or not to buy question

take that $400 dollars and buy a nice E50 Puch Maxi.

How much does a normal "tune up" run these days?

Shop labor is usually right around $65 an hour. Higher or lower depending on the shop.

If it really just needs a tune up, then it should cost you around two hours of labor.

Still a good deal for a kitted scooter.

He told me what needed to be done and since it's a 2-stroke engine they aren't to difficult to mess with. Should be able to meet him next week and pick it up. Kind of excited :)

"take that $400 dollars and buy a nice E50 Puch Maxi."

Ha. Okay, don't do that.

I think that he meant to say: "If you are rocking your new, ugly-yet-awesome Derbi around town, and you come across a deal on a nice Puch Maxi with an e50 motor, consider buying it."

+++

Ack - so ugly!

http://www.psndealer.com/powersportsdlr/images/NewVehicles/2003_340_atlantislb.jpg">

Nice - it is very nice. Ugly though...

I'm in college and care about my bank account more than looks right now :) Yes I did Google a few pics of it and just shrugged my shoulders...lol

ehh, my thing is all the scooters i have ridden handle like ass (small wheels, small suspension and usually frames that aren't so rigid). so despite the whole ugly part, im not a big fan of them lol. but i guess if i were to get a scooter, it would either be an aprillia, derbi, old school vespa or a cub/passport. just my 2 cents :P

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account