70cc Big Bore kit for Tomos.

Willie Ezell /

Hi,

Where can I purchase a 70cc Big Bore kit for my brand new 2002 Tomos LX, and should I wait for my 70cc Big Bore kit before I let a machine shop shave .020" off the head next to the piston?

WillieO

Re: 70cc Big Bore kit for Tomos.

Ben Hunter /

www.MopedWareHouse.com

just make sure you dont buy your bigbore kit from a local moped shop. the kits they sell there are the "eurocylinder kits" they are actually made in tiawan and are total shit.

talk to mopedwarehouse about a kit, he will set you up with somthing good

I see no reason why you couldn't go ahead and shave the head. It's a lot easier to afford. Before you shave the head, do two speed tests. First time your 0-25 mph. The second test would be top speed. Make a mental note of the wind conditions. After shaving the head (or any single modification) do the tests again using the same streach of road. I for one would be interested in the results.

That is true. Check out our site. It is temporarily moved to the following URL www.mopedshop.com .Can do you for 10 % off those listed prices.

Milling the head wont hurt at all. If you go to far milling ( and begin to have preignition or interference with the piston) you will have to add head gaskets to bring it back closer to stock.

Chris, what would you recommend to shave off so that there will be no need to use head gaskets and still increase performance?

Frank

That is impossible to say as each machine is a different case. It is a trial and error tye of thing.

Chris MWH

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account