MOPED STOLEN - MENOMONIE, WI

someone stole my green 1978 Vespa Ciao, with dropped seat, handlebars, no tail light or brake light and a simonini exhaust from my house in Menomonie, WI (near eau claire) sometime last night (5-8-09)

serial number: C2F172370449

If anyone has sees this bike, please let me know immediately: 920-342-5990

At the time it had a flat tire in the front. Therefore I think whoever took it, put it in a truck. People in Minneapolis, St Paul and Eau Claire, please keep an eye out for this bike.

Ben

Re: MOPED STOLEN - MENOMONIE, WI

this is ben's clean clean ciao that rocks.

i'll definitely keep an eye out here ben.

- Summerai - Ben /

I swear to god I am so fucking pissed off right now I don't even know what to do.... I have put so much fucking time into that bike if ever find who stole it I will probably beat them with a baseball bat. You do NOT fuck with my moped.

(Casserollers) Gregory B. /

i'll keep an eye open for it.

- Summerai - Ben /

please help me keep an eye on craigslist/ebay... they will have a hard time selling it in the cities I would think and they'd have to be an idiot to ride it here.

i just hope they are as stupid as the people that stole mine and ride past your house.

I'll be keeping an eye out and beat the crap out of the guy for you if I find it.

- Summerai - Ben /

you found yours brian?

dude that shits fucked up if you find out who stole it ill help you kill the mothafucka ive had two mopeds stolen i feel your pain brotha

yup, recovered after only 3 days, hope yours shows up in the same short amount of time with no damage.

fallout Survivor /

Try using heavy duty locks in the future, of course your moped is going to get stolen if you fail to secure it properly.

I will watch Madison for you. Have never seen a green ciao here, and nobody is making cool bike here except for people I know personally. If I were you I would suspect some shit head kid in the neighborhood or city.

Thats not JD in that picture is it? I know a kid that lives up north that looks a lot like that.

oh no. that thing is so nice! hope it shows up.

- Summerai - Ben /

Thanks guys!

no no, that is Dick. He's on the forums here sometimes. He's in Green Bay.

Glad to here that you got it back Brian! I'm not gonna get my hopes up, but I'm definitely trying everything I can think of right now.

Will do! Best of luck with recovery!

- Summerai - Ben /

Good news!!!!!! It's back! It was found in a dumpster... awesome ... ?

Here's the story. It's not very interesting, but it does go to show you how important it is to get the word out somehow.

My roommate and I went around the dorms hanging 'stolen' posters. A UW-Stout officer saw the posters and called me. He said they had come across a guy pushing the bike by Jarvis Hall Friday night and when he saw the officers he tried to dump it in the bushes. The officers were able to talk to him and get his information, but since there's no license plate on the bike right now they weren't able to run it through their system. The guy told the officers it was a friend's bike and gave him a name and since they couldn't prove it was stolen they let him go with the bike. But it just so happened that one of the officers knew the guy who the perp had said owned the bike and he called him Saturday and asked him if he owned the moped and he said no. He also said that the perp had come over drunk Friday night pushing the bike and he told him to go bring it back to where he found it. The perp went out for a bit and came back without the bike. This friend of the perp's lives somewhere by the tennis courts. So finally last night an officer searching the area discovered the moped in a dumpster by an apartment complex. They called me 11ish last night to tell me and came to pick me up so I could bring it back. Looks like it's ok too. The perp lives in the cities and was only in Menomonie for the night, so the police put out a warrant for his arrest.

So specs, maybe when I get his name you can go swarm his house and teach him not to mess with us. :-D

oh hell yea!

Raymond Wright IV /

awesome!

That is sooooo what I like to hear. I hope he gets his ass nailed to the wall for that. I know they wont give him any jail time for it, but some kind of theft record on his c caps would make sure he never gets as good a job as he could otherwise. I am happy for you man.

i dont live near you but i will keep any eye open..., just a question i have the same blue moped in the back ground next to u.. i dont know what model it is! can someone tell me?

- Summerai - GB Dick Lucas Flegel /

its a 78 sears freespirt.

i skipped over the part that you got it... glad you got it back, run him over! ha

coolest town name ever

pwnage

love a happy ending.

- Summerai - Ben /

and me and my moped rode off into the sunset... :-)

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account