Maxi pedal rubbing on exhaust

The right side pedal on my Maxi is rubbing on the exhaust. The left side pedal is fine. The pedal is either bent or needs to be adjusted. Can anyone give me advice on how I can fix this problem.

The chrome on the exhaust is lightly worn too, like this problem is new. Any ideas how I can repair that, or at least prevent it from rusting or getting worse?

1241702827_pedal_rubbing_on_muffler.jpg

Maxi pedal rubbing on exhaust

Unless the position of the exhaust needs to be adjusted?

Re: Maxi pedal rubbing on exhaust

That pedal arm looks bent.

Take off the pedal, and use a pipe to bend it out slightly. I use the handle off of a floor jack. Take your time doing it so you don't break anything. That pedal arm looks bent to me to. The chrome can't be fixed so you just have to deal with it until you get a new exhaust. Steel wool and WD-40 will help the rusty-ness.

Thanks for the replies, I'll try to bend it out tonight.

Go slow...... you don't want a pipe in the face. or a pedal.

The longer the pipe, the less force you need that could end up in you face.

I would use both pieces of a Sears Heavy Floor Jack.

Like 5 feet.

- Summerai - Christine L /

Heat up the arm w/ a torch and it will bend easy.

Andrew Squiggman /

that really looks like the left pedal rubbing. especially since the exhaust is on the left.

How to you get the left side pedal off? I tried to take the pedal off. I unscrewed the nut (shown in the picture), and attempted to hammer out the bolt with no luck.

soak the pin in liquid wrench wait soak again wait....the stuff works well! Do not try to bend the pedal arm on the bike. Best of luck!

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account