anyone else jobless/homeless/bored?

was just wondering. seems theres a few other than me. maybe, a traveling pack of moped punks? setup little shanty towns and work on peds, roam the rallys, etc?

ill be headed to shades of death, if anyone can make it. hell, if i can make it!

but seriously, if anyone of you guys is on the "outs" and wants to travel, its always best to do it in packs. ill meet just about anyone thats serious and has the basic gear. (tent, lol.)

Re: anyone else jobless/homeless/bored?

im jobless but not homeless yet

i should be at shades of death ride

il probably ride down

awesome.

i am seriously begging anyone at the ride to help at all making sure the tomos is running well. i know some, not all!

if all goes well il be riding my jawa down which i know will make it with no problem

just to prove that jawas are the best

Dav I'll help make sure your bike is running right and I wish I could head out with ya that would be really fun.

I'm jobless...come play in Richmond.

yea.. stop by Im home.. full work shop..

thanks guys. i need to collect a few more things since my tent was lawnmowered, so ill be heading out in a bit.

David, if you can get to my house a couple of days before the ride, I'll get your Tomos running like new. However, while you're staying here, I've got lots of little jobs that I need help getting done in the days leading up to the ride. If you don't mind getting up early to help me out, I'll hook you up with everything you need while you're here, including getting your bike fully roadworthy again. I have a full service moped shop here.

Lar

id love to help actually!

ive seen some vids on youotube thta had you in them, (i think it was you....) but it was your place. ill be there ASAP! thanks!

Sounds like a plan. This helps me out big time. I won't have my sons here like I've had in prior year rides, so I could use an assistant. I'll see you whenever you get here.

Lar

jobless here....

well harry, pack your ped and lets head to cali!

i would if it was running....gotta figure out my wiring first....

Tomos? That's easy. I put up a hardwiring diagram, and have stock diagrams.

yea i know.... i have it saved and all i just havent had the time to do it yet.... plus i need to get a new spark plug wire and i havent ordered it yet.... ive been kinda lazy with it so far because theres noone to really ride with...

Im thinking about getting some green plug wires. Comes with 2 double boot wires, could cut it and have 4 green ped wires...

true.... you wouldnt happen to know how to put them in the coil would you? looks like you just push it in but i know thats not right....

Go to any lawn mower/tractor shop and ask them for copper core spark plug wires for tractors. They are identical to the OEM wire.

Late model Tomos CDIs do not have removable spark plug wires. They are one piece jobs. Early model Tomos peds with either 6V or 12V standad coils have removable wires that you have to screw on the post. French coils have push on spark plug wires.

i have a newer model (01) targa... so do i have to buy a new coil or what?

A new CDI unless someone knows how to repair it. I don't think it can be repaired, but I could be wrong.

Ngk does sell thread in wire splice that would work.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account