Used tomos or questionable Jawa?

Adam /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hey Guys,

My girlfriend has an 01 Tomos Targa which I cleaned up for her, and I'd like to get something to go out cruising with her, as she loves hers. Currently, i have a 1976 Jawa 207 (I think, not 100% sure), which needs at least a carb, brakes, tires, and potentially a complete rewiring. The other option is to spend up to $1000 on a used Tomos similar to hers, either a targa, bullet, or something a bit different like a revival or a streetmate. I don't really have too much cash, as university has taken all of it, but I do have a complete machine shop, and the skills to make just about anything. I don't really have a ton of time either, so I don't want to spend three months getting the jawa working.

I'm wondering whether it's worth trying to get the jawa in a good rideable state, or just bite the bullet and get a tomos or other newer 'ped...

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account