Which Intake do I have?

Just wondering, which intake does my Tomos have?? I would not be asking this question if I had the bike, but I pick it up next Thursday. Does my (2001) Tomos Targa lx have the angled intake or does it have the straight one?? I hope its the angled because I hear that they are a bitch to get the carb off the straight one. If anyone would know, please get back to me ASAP.

Thanks moped army crew.

Frank

Re: Which Intake do I have?

i have a 2000 lx , and mine has the angled one... and its not hard to get the crb off at all.

Cool, so mine should be the same (I hope!!!!)

Thanks Jake!!!

Frank

how much did u pay for the ped? they are great mopeds i have had one since august...and its great .. i bout a biturbo..and i hit 53 mph...i live tomos!!!

sure thing

Jake, I got a really really good deal on the moped. I cant say the price I paid, cause its that good. I hear the little babies are good mopeds. Cant wait till the spring. Im going to be polishing it, and modify it over the winter, so she's ready to "swarm and destroy" in the spring/summer of '03.

Thanks for replyin pal!!

Frank

do u know anything about the cuctom in takes where to get them etc... let me know

jake

Jake, I know that www.stevesmoped.com has a kit. He said its costed $30 or $40. Im going to try to make one myself. When I get my bike next week, Im going to do some measuring and make one with a true K&N filter, a rubber hose for mounting it to the carb. and some clamps to mount it all together. Ill sent you a pic when im done.I dont think it should be to hard.

Frank

Here's a pic of my intake... I used plastic PVC piping and had to cut a rubber hose and use a couple pieces because I couldn't find one big enough to fit around the opening. This has a true K&N filter though, and it works so go its as if there is no air filter at all. Very throaty intake "whoosh"

KNintak.jpg

Jon, Thats what I want to make. Thanks for posting the pic. Where dd you get the filter?? Its looks like a breather filter for a car. Hummmmm??. I think you just gave me a great idea. Jon, what else do you have done to your 'ped besides the intake?. Im going to do the muffler, intake, a re-jet, a speed sprocket and heavy duty rear shocks, with a side kick stand.

Get back to me pal

Frank

do u think u could meke me one and i could buy it offf of u please reply jon T.

The filter is actually a conical one made for a motorcycle. I bought it used for $10 at the local speed shop. Other mods I have are biturbo and bigger jet. My moped is slow as hell though, and I am very mad >:(

I could make you one... but it would just end up costing you way too much money. All you have to do is find a filter with an opening close to the size of the intake on the carb. From there, you can use PVC or rubber hose to make up for the difference and use hose clamps to make it nice and tight like a ... well you know.

does it give u any more speed

?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account