ATTN: Chris MWH

hey man.. i saw you menitoned having puch dart parts?

wanna cut me a deal on a couple things since they are so ugly and unpopular? (my words, there.. haha)

i need the right side engine cover, and the headlight fairing. would like to have red ones, if possible (with decals?)

thanks~!

instant message me or email me if possible.. thanks man~

Might as well add one more to the que.

Just GOTTA ask this...

Do you have, or can you get, those new angle intakes like used on the Revival, so that owners of older Tomos mopeds can remount the carb where they can get to it, instead of in that bastard location between the frame and engine ?

Cause I can assure you, there's a buncha folks who'd want em....

-T

Re: Might as well add one more to the que.

See Ya Moped Army /

Here, Here!!! I would order one in a heartbeat. I hate dropping the engine everytime I need to futz with the carb.

MoPedLar

Hey guys,

How many you want? I will get you all you need!

Ike

Heh.

Get me a price on two and email me, and check YOUR mail while yer at it, cause I got some other questions...

-T

Re: Heh.

Trike, I can not get them currently . There should be plenty of used ones out there though from all of the people upgrading to speed kits.

Casey no luck on those parts.

Chris MWH

Re: Heh.

bummer.

any idea where else to check?

i guess its not that big of an issue.. since im planning on selling it.. but it would be nice to sell it complete. i have the headlight fairing, its just cracked.. but no love on the right side panel.

See Ya Moped Army /

Ike,

Put me down for two of them.

Larry

Larry,

Do you want the ones for oil injection, or without?

Ike

See Ya Moped Army /

I disconnected the gear, but the oil lines are still hooked up. So I guess the ones with the injection hole.

Larry,

If you are not planning on using the oil injection, you would be better off getting the one without the hole. You wouldn`t need to worry about plugging the hole? But then again, if you ever decided to use the oil injection again, you wouldn`t have to change intakes again?

Ike

See Ya Moped Army /

Ike,

In that case, I'll take two without the injection hole. I don't plan on using the oil injection on either of my Tomos peds.

Thanks!

Why don't you like to use oil injection? It's the coolest

Jon, There are a number of reasons why some people prefer to nix the oil injector.

1 The injector system is composed of several parts all of which can be prone to leaking, and or failing.

2 Since the oil is injected into the intake manifold the oil does not mix as well as it could. Raw oil does not mix will with fuel that has been atomized.

3 To be on the safe side most injectors are calibrated to run a slightly rich oil mixture.

Chris MWH

See Ya Moped Army /

I just don't want to run the risk of not having oil in my gas if the oil injection ever fails for some reason. I prefer the gas can method since I don't ride any one of my peds that often that I have to fill up frequently. In the late '70's when I had my Garelli, I used to like the oil injection feature since I was constantly filling her up from driving so much.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account