This is a general call for help for anyone who might have a little electrical experience with peds. This is a no spark problem. Here's the scoop:
Replaced spark plug and cap. Adjusted points which are opening and closing just fine. Still no spark. I put an electrical tester to a few things and here is what I found.
Spark plug wire - less than 1 ohm of resistance
Coil - 6.3 ohms resistance
I'm not sure what this means but I hooked voltage meter from plug cap to head and cranked on the pedals like crazy. The strongest reading I got here was something like 3 mVs. Which seemed to me like it should mean something.
Also I noticed that there is no light at all coming from the headlamp when cranking the pedals like mad. Does this mean that my magneto is dead? Or am I jumping the gun with that diagnosis?
Thanks for any replies,
'78 Piaggio Ciao